Ace Of Spades Tamiya 1/32 Scale P-51D Mustang, BUILDING HAS BEGUN!

Re: Ace Of Spades Tamiya 1/32 Scale P-51D Mustang

Gundamhead said:
Gundamhead said:
As to 1/32 concrete, go to the hardware store and get some sheets of sandpaper 600 or so. Spray can it light grey grunge it up some, and cut it into sections and glue it to a board. Keep a tiny gap inbetween the sheets and add some Elmers and fine white or black sand. Stick an odd weed or blade of grass and poof cheapo cool concrete.

Ace, here you go.

I did this with my space shuttle 747 combo:

20110403_27.jpg

Well 13 Ace,
looks like you're getting it all figured. I am looking forward to seeing it finished. :)
;D

i hope i have it figured out, and yes... i cant wait to see it finished either...

Im looking forward to that Mustang also. I read it at the news today: A P-51 crashed during a flight show! Have you heared about it?

no i didn't hear... hope the pilot was ok... but there are too few of those airplanes, we have already lost a few.

Looks like you're planning this one out very well, Ace

thanks bud, yea... i need to plan.

this is going to be my baby, this is going to take prudent planning, anyhow... i have to wait 6 more days to open her, i may as well start planning what to do with her now so when i get there... ill be ready get er done!

13aceofspades13 said:
no i didn't hear... hope the pilot was ok... but there are too few of those airplanes, we have already lost a few.

As far as I know, the pilot died in that accident. He dropped an emergency call and then the P-51 crashed into the ground. Some people died, several were wounded.

http://www.bild.de/news/ausland/flugzeugabsturz/tote-und-verletzte-bei-us-flugshow-pilot-stuerzt-in-zuschauertribuene-pilot-20014226.bild.html

Sorry, its german.... :-\

13aceofspades13 said:
thanks bud, yea... i need to plan.

this is going to be my baby, this is going to take prudent planning, anyhow... i have to wait 6 more days to open her, i may as well start planning what to do with her now so when i get there... ill be ready get er done!

;D

Chiefpettyofficer said:
13aceofspades13 said:

As far as I know, the pilot died in that accident. He dropped an emergency call and then the P-51 crashed into the ground. Some people died, several were wounded.

http://www.bild.de/news/ausland/flugzeugabsturz/tote-und-verletzte-bei-us-flugshow-pilot-stuerzt-in-zuschauertribuene-pilot-20014226.bild.html

Sorry, its german.... :-\

sad loss of a good pilot, and a good plane...

Prudent planning for the Pilot

Atom Fusion...

the kit will come with two figures, i will be using both...

AtomFusion-1.jpg

Fusionattheairport.jpg

Atom Fusion had a black leather aviator jacket, wore black leather jumper boots and a pair of baggy black pants the same material most aviator pants where made of at the time. his aviator cap was a very dark leather... also almost black, with a pair of goggles that where shaded and merrored... so he could look into the sun for his enemy more easily... but they where only so shaded so they would not limit his vision in not so bright light.

heads up guys... tonights the night i open her up.

Engine!
Rolls Royce Packard Merlin V-1650-7 V-12

Asperation (Two stage two speed supercharged.)

Fuel System (Stormburg Twin choke up draft carburetor.)

Displacement (1,649CI 27.04 Liters.)

Power (1,490HP at takeoff 1,695HP Military Power 1,720HP War Emergency Power)

DSCF2230.jpg

i am VERY! pleased with the results thus far.. but too tired to press on, i will get rest for now, so i can focus on the rest of the build without messing it up. more pictures of the engine later.

Yeah BOY!!!!! Off and runnin' Ace!!! I like it!!! From what I can see, it's looking like you picked out those bolts pretty good!!! (try laying that powerhouse down on a white piece of paper and take a shot of it, might focus a bit sharper...just food for thought ;) )

It's exciting, seeing you breaking into this bad boy!!!! Keep it rolling!!! ;D

Iron Maiden - Aces High

Hey Ace..that is lookin the business. nice start. I wanted to commence building my P51 as well but I could not bear the thought of leaving it once the group build starts.
Can't wait to see you bring this girl to life......
cheers,
FW190 (John)

FW190A-8 said:
Hey Ace..that is lookin the business. nice start. I wanted to commence building my P51 as well but I could not bear the thought of leaving it once the group build starts.
Can't wait to see you bring this girl to life......
cheers,
FW190 (John)

i made a little more progress....

Latest posts

Back