Ace Of Spades Tamiya 1/32 Scale P-51D Mustang, BUILDING HAS BEGUN!

Re: Ace Of Spades Tamiya 1/32 Scale P-51D Mustang

Well, it is sorta the point of cheesecake. ;D She was on an airfreshener I think, so I don't think it can count as 'adult'. :p

ACE ,
Here's a sneak peak of the redrawn vector version of your Skull
, a pic of the original and the layers I broke it into.
now it can be made any size without going all... jiggy

hope you like.

note* the new ones I posted here are a jpg reduction.. the actual is even sharper !

[attachment deleted by admin]

RocketSilo said:
ACE ,

hope you like.

note* the new ones I posted here are a jpg reduction.. the actual is even sharper !

Trust him what he is saying. I know what he is talking about. Very smooth!

RocketSilo said:
ACE ,

hope you like.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Holy cow that looks amazing!
that looks amazing! these decals are going to make my Mustang shine! i cannot wait to see them!

Well well.... pretty nifty Skills you have there.... The conversion is amazing
I boosted the image to about 400% plus and it still looked very good !

I guess "ACE" will be able to mke "The Ace of Spade" in ANY scales from now on !!! Good for him and
I might add... NICE of you Ken and all others involved... passing on your Free Decal prize to a fella that most needed it !!!

Can't wait to see them on the Stang in all its glory !!!

Hey! I liked seeing your work hanging over your head in the video. Nice display!!

schweinhund227 said:
Well well.... pretty nifty Skills you have there.... The conversion is amazing
I boosted the image to about 400% plus and it still looked very good !

I guess "ACE" will be able to mke "The Ace of Spade" in ANY scales from now on !!! Good for him and
I might add... NICE of you Ken and all others involved... passing on your Free Decal prize to a fella that most needed it !!!

Can't wait to see them on the Stang in all its glory !!!

Thanks but keep in mind that's a .jpg reduction you're sizing. ... the actual artwork can be blown up as large or small as you want with zero loss of sharpness ... the power of vector.

I knew the JPEG would be rougher. But never the less. Great work converting it!

Chop chop you have Decals to make!

i just got done sending a new pin up of Amber Fusion to Andy... hopefully you guys will like this one better than the last.

i still have not decided on what color the engine will be.

i have officually started a count down to when i can finally see my kit, 8 days and painfully waiting!

i don't know if i asked this question, but when some of you guys do cement, for runways and such, how exactly do you make it look like cement or concreet or what ever?

13aceofspades13 said:
i still have not decided on what color the engine will be.

I found a couple good reference photos how the engine is supposed to be painted.

P51D039.jpg

17.jpg

Gundamhead said:
As to 1/32 concrete, go to the hardware store and get some sheets of sandpaper 600 or so. Spray can it light grey grunge it up some, and cut it into sections and glue it to a board. Keep a tiny gap inbetween the sheets and add some Elmers and fine white or black sand. Stick an odd weed or blade of grass and poof cheapo cool concrete.

Ace, here you go.

Engine color decided..

i have decided to go with the more traditional black engine rather than the red, i have no idea if red was a origiona color, so to be on the safe side i am just going to do the engine black. when i get home, thats the first thing i am going to work on is the engine.

RollsRoycePackardMerlin.jpg

RollsRoycePackardMerlin-1.jpg

i noticed that the bolts on the engine where not black, more like silver... so my plan is when the engine itself is painted black, before i add all the wiring and fuel lines and exhaust, i am going to do each and every bolt silver, with a tooth pick. i also need to find a way to get a hold of some solder... i have to keep in mind the engine was packed pretty tight in the airplane, so i have to leave room if i do anything extra with the engine.

That black beauty is going to look sweet Ace!!!! Any electronic shop should have what you need for solder. Take you time on picking out those details!!! All the effort will be worth it in the end!!! ;)

cockpit plan...

the only difference between the Ace Of Spades P-51D Mustang cockpit, and any other mustang is color... Atom Fusion also made some other modifications, modifications any pilot of the erra could have easily... done, like a picture of your lady in the cockpit... Atom fusions interior color was the biggest difference, instead of chromate green, it was plain flat black. with controls being bright colors, reds and yellows, if he needed to see them, which in most cases he did not, beacuse he knew where they where, and could use them without a second thought.
Atom liked the cockpit black, not for looks, he believed it helped him focus, bright colors where a distraction, and flat black he believed drew less attention, his gages where normal, all the controls where normal. the only parts of the cockpit that are not flat black besides the gauges and controls, and buttons will be the seat and cushions...

to make the seatbelts, instead of wasting money buying a set... i will instead make my own from masking tape :)

i also intend to make a small picture of Amber to put in the cockpit, i can simply make it out of printer paper and glue it in.

further cockpit planning uptdate.

AmberFusionWWIIColorphoto.jpg
a Photo of amber fusion, atoms wife, set in the cockpit, TRM is making it for me, this is only a rough draft, the real results will come in time...

Ace!!! For a photo in the cockpit you should find a old black and white photo of a real black haired beauty, otherwise its going to look like atom just has a drawing of his woman in the cockpit , not the actual picture. Get what I am saying?

ooh contrare my friend... look what i have found...

AmberFusionface.jpg

:-* beautiful... i was lucky enough to stumble across a photo of this young lady... almost a exact match.

i don't like using other peoples photos, but she is beautiful, and a close match, this will doo...

Latest posts

Back