Academy !/72 MKVB Spitfire ( P Finucane)

Martay

Hi all, nearing the end of this one now so i thought id throw a few quick pics up and see what ye all think of the latest effort, this will be handed over to a friend who loaned me a book on the Irishman Brendan 'Paddy' Finucane who was a highly decorated ace from the Battle of Britian, so as id a MKVb in the stash i thought he might like a small token of thanks, this is the result, hope ye like her and thanks for lookin

DSC_0962.jpg
DSC_0963.jpg
DSC_0964.jpg
DSC_0966.jpg
DSC_0968.jpg
DSC_0972.jpg
DSC_0973.jpg
DSC_0982.jpg

DSC_0984.jpg
DSC_0989.jpg
DSC_1018_zps5c934f6c.jpg
DSC_1019_zps01729889.jpg

Ive some small bits left to do, aerial wire, canopy, rear view mirror and a few touchups, but all in all im happy, first time to make a base to display on so ill be doing more of that in future, kept it nice and simple, hope it goes down well ill be handing it over soon, wish me luck ;D

Thanks Wyoroy, simple but effective base, as can be seen lol ;D Here are the last few pics of the final touches to her, handing it to its new owner tomorrow eve after a bit of mountain biking and ill try to rem to get a pic of the ''ceremony'' ::)
DSC_1022_zpse37f7521.jpg
DSC_1023_zps536cb47f.jpg
DSC_1024_zpsf0a05499.jpg
DSC_1027_zps974e9b00.jpg

The welsh dragon on the white crest, the writing on the fuel tank panel and the shamrock were all on the original plane and i had to hand paint them as no decal sets can be gotten for this particular plane, tricky, as always im not 100% happy but it was a very enjoyable build and i am glad to have done it as a gift.
Thanks to all who view and comment, thinking of weathering a P47 razorback next, the hairspray technique is one i want to master and have a previously started academy 1/74 kit staring at which would be a good subject and ive not done a yank tank since my B25 pbj naval which was hand painted so its been a while and ive always loved the 'jug' for its unstoppable nature and punch, hummmmmmmmmm ;D ;D, thanks guys :)

That's fantastic. I just noticed the wet looking stuff on the barrel, very nice touch. Love the crest on the Spitfire.

Thanks mate, my first attempt at a dio/display base, thanks for the compliments :)

You did very well for your first time. I have yet to do one. I plan to try my hand at with my Panther Ausf.A.

Thanks very much man and best of luck with your panther build, im currently doing a Russian ISU and am to be honest makin a real mother of a job of it, its for a GB on another Forum and i 'bravely' decided to push out of the comfort zone, ill try to rem to do a work in progress thread here soon, its a laugh, i never sem to take the easy route. I need to get another wingy on the bench so i can keep my sanity, thanks again :)

I checked out your ISU and I think your doing a bang up job, looks great.

I used to build nothing but aircraft and then a little over a year ago I built a piece of armor and never looked back ;D

Fantastic finish. Great looking dio. Bit jealous that's not on my shelf...,love that dio.

Latest posts

Back