Academy 1/72 F15E Strike Eagle

Dminor9

I just finished this kit yesterday. I was not impressed with it at all. I have built other Academy kits with no problems, no such luck with this kit. It was supposed to be a new tool in 2017. But it seems like this particular kit must have sat in a warehouse or somewhere hot, because looking from the front, the left side of the kit fit perfectly, while the right side didn't fit at all. Like it was warped. I had to make a wedge from spare parts for under the right side vertical, as there was a 1/4 gap at the back end of it where it was supposed to meet the rear fuselage. I spent 4 days to repair that and make it look decent (mostly filing and sanding into shape). There are small gaps all over, and I just got tired of messing with it and just completed it. The Cartograph decals were so thin, way too many of them curled in on themselves, making decaling a major chore. I haven'tIMG_0763.JPGIMG_0767.JPGIMG_0769.JPGIMG_0771.JPGIMG_0772.JPGIMG_0773.JPGIMG_0775.JPG worked so hard on a kit in a long, long time. It turned out ok, but I will think more than twice before I purchase another Academy kit. Here are some pics of the final build.

Latest posts

Back