A Tale of Three Shermans

Cool builds gentleman. 8) 8) 8) ...looking forward to the progress and how these Shermans turn out.

Sherman #3

Finally, here is the third tank in our quest for A3 dry perfection. This is a combination of a Formations upper hull, Tamiya M4 turret, what I THINK is a CMD trans cover and a DML M4A3 lower hull. The lower hull is a free gift from Dragon when you buy their M4 Composite PTO kit as they include the incorret part in the box. But, DragonCare is merciful as always and will provide the correct M4/M4A1 lower tub at your request.

The plan is to round the lower rear hull, weld up the Shell Ejection Port, slap some Tasca bogies on her along with a few thousand scale pounds of stowage and call her done.

Any comments are certainly welcome.

JW Cesafsky

M4A3dry_2.JPG

M4A3dry_1.JPG

Ahhh...#3!!! Wicked!! Another fine build making it to the pages of this thread!!! Keep it coming!!!

And now all the travels are assembled :D

Moving slowly forward on this little build I finished up the basic building and detailing of the rear engine plate. Starting off with the Tamiya rear plate that I cut down to fit within the sponsons fillers I added during my last post. Once that was done I then cut a piece of styrene tubing along it length and fitted to the bottom angle of the rear plate. This section was textured with Squadron Green stuff and welds where added from stretched sprue. The idler mounting points where replaced with ones from Tasca as the detail was much better than the originals. The APU exhaust port was added from Styrene tubing. A casting seam was added to the exhaust, also from stretched sprue and then textured by stippling with glue and a brush. Lastly the towing lugs and the towing hook mount where added along with welds once more from stretched sprue.

M4A3DS-006.jpg
M4A3DS-007.jpg
M4A3DS-008.jpg

Greeting to Everyone!

Just thought I would post a quick update today. I lost about a week’s worth of model build time as I received my Christmas gift from my wife…and oh what a gift and Oh what a great and understanding person I am married to.

A bit off topic....sorry ::)
Here are a few snaps of my gift and a little assembly was needed
First in the closed position
Box01.jpg

Now Opened
Box02.jpg

And for scale
Box03.jpg

As you can see I now have lots of room…that MUST be fill with modeling goodness!! ;D

And Now on to the Sherman...I have about finished up the work on the lower hull and bogy assemblies with a bit of detailing added. I also started fitting the extra armor plates to the transmission and the stretched sprue for the weld work. I’ll start on the tracks which are from Panda but will spread the track work out in the hopes to avoid burn-out.

M4A3DS-009.jpg

M4A3DS-010.jpg

Thanks for stopping in and I hope you enjoyed your visit :)

Allied E ,

WoW ! That Cabinet is Phat ! Awesome find & Kudos to th Wifey ! Th Shermie is moving along !

Again ... that Cabinet is th Business. Does th table come with & fold out ? Looks like ya' got a lot of dead space .. needing to be filled ! \m/

I love that cabinet .. I guess you could say ...

Sweet A$$ Cab Erik!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Nice progression on the Shermie too!! Clean scratch work my friend!! Keep it coming!!!!! ;)

sod the Tank the Cave is beyond epic!!!!!!!!! :p Nice Detailing on the boogies eric

eric why am i the only one that can't see all the pics im missing all the good stuff

pics are now working and wow wow can you get your wife to talk to mine like now!!!!!!! and great progress on your Sherman buddy

Thanks everyone for your comments.....even though I'm not sure what Scott is laughing as ;) and as always the MusacVid is a nice touch there Axis Erik!!

Hey G, Glade to hear you got the pixs to load up. I'll pass the word to my wife :D

Latest posts

Back