A slave to the weather

J

Just Mike

You can't paint when the humidity is more than 65%, you can't paint when the humidity is under a certain percent. I haven't pinpointed a number yet but the paint dries too fast and cracks when it's too dry.

A lack of humidity is never anything I have to worry about here in Texas near the gulf coast. It doesn't drop below 15% here in the winter and in the summer it hovers near 90%. I have the opposite problem, too much humidity can cause bubbles in the paint. This is why I built an indoor spray booth, with the AC running the humidity is near normal levels.

I can't spray a thing outside as it is. The weather channel says -20°C, but with wind chill feels like -35°C.

My problems come in the summer with the humidity. Easy fix...just build and paint the rest of the year. ;D

scratchmod

JMac said:
I can't spray a thing outside as it is. The weather channel says -20°C, but with wind chill feels like -35°C.

It was 75F here today that is about 24 C for those that have the cool metric system..... I drove the car with the top down to work!

didn't mean to put this thread in the wrong place. In my mind, it had to do with painting and having to wait until conditions were right to paint.

Hey guys. Don't mean to interrupt this thread. We are simply trying to keep things organized. This conversation is relevant to painting and could help out others in the future so we'll keep it in paint.

Carry on.

Latest posts

Back