2012 BSC - Questions

noname said:
Okay, just doing some thinking here. If one were to build a dio and wanted to use a plastic toy as part of the dio, would this be okay?

No. This is a modeling contest. ;)

noname said:
Oh, and while I'm at it, where would you place a tank that was converted to civilian use?

Since it began life as a tank it would go into Armor. We don't really have a category specific for something like this.

One suggestion is that perhaps people can select a kit that fits into a category. Just a thought. ;)

I know Scott, I'm making things difficult. I just like unusual things, it's my nature. So I will save the dio for another day.

This is the tank thingy.

664020poster.jpg

As you can see there is basically no armour. I don't know if that box in front the the driver is armour or stowage? Anyway, if you took the gun off, wouldn't this pretty much be a tractor? Hence be in the vehicle category? I could actually remove the front part too if it was too armourish.

It would still fall into Armor.

Auto is for cars, trucks, 'normal' civilian stuff like that.

oh that thing is a nightmare to build, the lower half is not the usual Dragon standards, the wheels are a pain in teh ass to get right, and the drive shaft is an other pain, other than that the gun is awsome :)

Good luck with it,

Okay, thanks Scott, I'll scratch that one off my list too. It is starting to get a little easier to pick something now.

Thanks for the warning Spud.

I just started a new build about 3 days ago and am not not past the 2nd step and I'm predicting the build to take almost the entire length of the contest. I'm building Academy's Tiger i mid with full interior and all that jazz, which I have been looking forward to build for some time.

I'm just asking if I could enter it into the contest. I only have about 30min. a week max to hide myself away where my wife can't find me and I can blame not hearing her calls to loud music. ;D If not that's ok to.

The contest is for new builds only. I currently have four builds in progress and I would love to enter one of them. So if we let you enter a started build, it would have to be done for others.

This rule is in place to allow everyone to have the same starting place with their builds and to make the contest a bit more fair.

Being legible for the Juniors cat, would it be a possibility for me to enter the same model in both the Juniors and Aircraft, Armour etc. categories?

I think this one is answered by Scott in the (2012 BSC - Categories, Dates, Rules and Prizes) post.
Quoting "• Each kit/build can only be entered in ONE CATEGORY (ie: A tank cannot be in ARMOR and then placed in a diorama and entered in the DIORAMA category)"

Aaron1883 said:
I'm just asking if I could enter it into the contest

I'm sorry but no. New builds only.

MilitaryAircraft101 said:
Being legible for the Juniors cat, would it be a possibility for me to enter the same model in both the Juniors and Aircraft, Armour etc. categories?

I'm sorry but no. One category only.

Biskup said:
I think this one is answered by Scott in the (2012 BSC - Categories, Dates, Rules and Prizes) post.
Quoting "• Each kit/build can only be entered in ONE CATEGORY (ie: A tank cannot be in ARMOR and then placed in a diorama and entered in the DIORAMA category)"
Woops, didn't see that one there ::) Could I start the build and then later on choose which category I'd like to enter it in? Thanks ;)

im geusing you will need to fill out what cat your entering when you fill out the forum entry thingy.

MilitaryAircraft101 said:
Could I start the build and then later on choose which category I'd like to enter it in? Thanks ;)

Yeah, sure. That's not a big deal until final submission.

Quick question Scott;

Say I want to enter an unbuilt kit I have in my stash and start April 1 (or so), but all of my aftermarket goodies have not arrived yet. Do I have to wait for everything, or can I just post my picture of the kit and list the aftermarket stuff still to arrive?

Jason

Latest posts

Back