2012 BSC - Questions

Now for the diorama debate. The line had to be drawn somewhere. And there is no way to keep everyone happy. Someone was going to be disappointed one way or the other.

The end result for me is that most everything I have been considering is now a diorama. Does that upset me? No, it is just part of the rules. Every contest has rules.

The diorama rule was put in place to try and keep it simple. A rule with no ambiguity.

Just follow the advice of the others and don't put it on the base until after the contest. No base will not affect the outcome. Go back to last years contest, many of the winning kits did not have bases.

Grendels said:
Neo said:
oh almost forgot the most important question !!

Do we get to see Grendels lovely assistant this year ??

:p

spud said:
Lol no she is for his eyes only ... Jammy git ;D but im sure when she can and is able to come on mabe she will,

This will answer all:

An important announcement

I made it just for you Neo....

That is just AWESOME Grendels.
Great news indeed.
Congrats to both of you.
So, now that that problem is over, do we get to see Nelly finish that pink Corvette she started a while back?

just out of curiosity would some thing like one of the airfix dogfight doubles kits . Be one or two entries. due to the fact there's two aircraft in one kit ?

DB88

With the exception of the diorama category, each 'entry' is 'one' kit.

THe exception would be a kit of a gun added to a pickup...for example.

Hmm this is only just an example since I'm still undecided If I'm entering this one

M4A2(76)W Sherman - 1/35 "Red Army" (w/6 Figures) - If I added the figures with a wooden base only would it still fall under the diorama category?

Just to make the record straight or it will be debated with the staff?

Here's the formula.

Vehicle = Not diorama
Vehicle + Simple Base = Not diorama
Vehicle + Simple Base + Figure = Diorama
Vehicle + Figure = Diorama
Figure + Base = Diorama
Winny the Pooh + A hunk of plywood + The General Lee = Diorama

I simply have to draw the line somewhere.

Winnie the pooh and the general lee ;D ....I like that ...sounds like a dio to me ;D

Chris.

Chris S said:
Winnie the pooh and the general lee ;D ....I like that ...sounds like a dio to me ;D

Chris.

Don't give me ideas. Remember last year I did a dio of care bears.....

But would this be a good start:

attachment.php

Not from me in this contest. I am NOT doing a car this time around. But someone else can do it if they like ;D

I'm thinking I would do a scratch-build for this contest. What's the best way to register that? Do I send you a picture of my workbench/box of scraps/picture of what I'm going to build?

--Jim

i supose it depends on what you are going to build, but im sure scott will have the right answer soon enough :)

Jim2001 said:
Do I send you a picture of my workbench/box of scraps/picture of what I'm going to build?

Yes. But this year the submissions ARE NOT via email. I have made an online registration form.

All photos must be hosted off site. (Photobucket for example)

Scott Girvan said:
All photos must be hosted off site. (Photobucket for example)

WHAT oh that it!!! if i have to host my own pic im outta here!! :eek:

ok time to stop being to local clown ive been making my friends vote for the model i should build for this year and so far none of them have more than 1 vote !! :-\

Okay, just doing some thinking here. If one were to build a dio and wanted to use a plastic toy as part of the dio, would this be okay?

Oh, and while I'm at it, where would you place a tank that was converted to civilian use?

Latest posts

Back