1/72 fm x wing build

Hmmm... and there was me thinking the Empire were the British! ;D

Good job mate. :)

eh up fellas.ha yeah i know,there was a world war 2 wartime event on in my town on saturday and sunday so i felt all patriolic!!cheers..peza

cheers buddy,on another note,i`ve been watchin your lightin tutorials and i love them....your talkin sense and i`m hearing wookie.lol i`ve just gotta watch and watch til it goes in my thick head and i understand it all.but i`m miles away from evan startin my wiring,so theres no pressure..cheers good buddy...peza

There are some easy ways to do lighting. For example only use white or blue LED's and then two AA batteries for power. No resistors that way.

Need another color than white, paint the LED's with clear colored paints.

eh up buddy,i`ve got big ideas for my lightin.i wish(wishes dont always come true)to have a four mode switch so the cockpit and turrets are on switch pos 1,cockpit,gun turrets and engines are on in pos 2,cockpit,gun turrets and landin lights are pos 3,and off is pos 4.it`ll be a mixture of fibre optics and LEDs and i was thinkin of usin EL tape?do you rate this product?cheers buddy :-\

eh up,cheers buddy,hows the klingon build goin?have you sorted out ya light leekage and primered up yet? cheers mym8 peza

eh up all hear is an image of the finished article now,i`ve done abit of scratchin to wheather it just need to seal it? and wheather the model it`s self.hope ya like.no likey no lighty!cheers peza

[attachment deleted by admin]

I wouldn't use El tape. It isn't that bright and it does fade over time. In other words, after about 15 hours of use it will be half as bright as it started. Not only that, you will have to have a power inverter....

Cool decision on the paint scheme peza....Jubilee & Olympics 2012 a memorable year for the UJ

Grendels said:
I wouldn't use El tape. It isn't that bright and it does fade over time. In other words, after about 15 hours of use it will be half as bright as it started. Not only that, you will have to have a power inverter....

Didn't know that G, that would be a disappointment if you built EL into a cockpit for example

J

cheers buddy,it`s a bloody good year mym8,i know g has given me some really good advice mym8

Jaitea said:
Cool decision on the paint scheme peza....Jubilee & Olympics 2012 a memorable year for the UJ

Grendels said:

Didn't know that G, that would be a disappointment if you built EL into a cockpit for example

J

I found this out by doing custom PC cases years ago. Put a big old sheet of it under a motherboard and watched it dim over time. Couldn't even tell it was lite during the day. They might have made improvements on it over the years, but it still won't be as bright as an LED.

eh up buddy,cheers mym8 i`ll go with ya advice because on ya tutorial them side lightin LEDs do just the same effect.so its a done deal thanks john....chris ;)

eh up fellas,i`ve done abit more this week so this is there i`m at. i`ve wheathered the back of the engines with a pencil in the lower details of the (afterburners?),then i rubbed aload of pencil onto paper and used a cotton bud to give me more of a pastel shade,then usin the tamiya wheatherin powders i used soot right at the back. i`ve also finished the torpedo bay and hanging access cover.i should`nt be far for finished on my next post but i`ll keep on postin with my droid lifter,ground crew and other bits and pieces...hope ya like..peza

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latest posts

Back