1/35 X-wing - Forced perspective Diorama

I think you're pretty much there Scott. Looks excellent. I'd be tempted to let it alone for a week or two and work on something else (that is if you have any other projects you could work on ;D). Sometimes, if you let it steep for a while, something may catch your eye or needle at you. Sweet job on the green X!!

Thanks guys. Yeah, I just might do that...leave it alone for a bit. A few more streaks won't hurt but other than that I can always touch it up once I get closer to designing the diorama.

I'm gonna try and take better photos. There is lots of subtle shifts in tone that these photos aren't depicting. Might try against a dark background.

Scott Girvan said:
I can always touch it up once I get closer to designing the diorama.

Exactly

Scott Girvan said:
There is lots of subtle shifts in tone that these photos aren't depicting.

Definitely hard to tell what she "really" looks like without seeing it in person. The subtleties do tend to get lost in pics but, from what I'm seein' looks like ya nailed it!!

Edit (sp)

Thanks.

I'm gonna leave this be for now. Once I start on the diorama I'll revisit it for touchups. I still have to add the vertical 'fins' on the intakes...other than that finnito!

Heck, I'm already more productive in 2012 than all of 2011!!!

3656.jpg

3657.jpg

3658.jpg

3659.jpg

3660.jpg

3661.jpg

3662.jpg

3663.jpg

3664.jpg

Not sure what's next...A, Y, B, 144Falcon, 35X ????

What's next!!!!!!! :eek:
i would imagine some awards if you enter any competions with it, not to mension the very unique way you will be displaying it. Plus the other ships which i'm sure will also be as excellent as this build. You could clean up with this one buddy??????

Thanks for sharing Scott
Great work.

The Nylon Gag

Jeez Scott, that X-wing looks fa-boo! :eek:

The only thing I can think of to improve it is the rusting on the back end. It's a little too uniform in the photos, IMHO. But that's a minor nit, and it probably looks right in person.

By the way, I had your first photo on the screen as one of the supervisors was walking by, and he looked at it and said, "Whoa!" ;)

Thanks alot guys.

The droid will be on the ground, and that will come later.

MF - you're absolutely right about that. It is kinda uniform. I may revisit that at a later date.

Came out great, Scott!

When I watch "Star Wars" and see the Rebel ships, I'm reminded of aircraft and vehicles from WWII, from some of the harsher environments around the globe, like North Africa, the Pacific and the Eastern Front. There was also a line in the "Star Wars Portfolio", I think it was, that collection of concept sketches and watercolors, about how the Rebel forces' equipment was well-worn. Same goes for the "Firefly" verse, too--things are gritty.

I think you capture that look, a piece of equipment that has been through a lot of action, and is serviceable, but the crew doesn't have the time or resources to make it pretty.

It's a shiny time to pause and reflect, before moving on to the next phase in the dio ;)

Scott, I think that no matter what all the rest of the dio would be and how would it look in the end, with this show-stopper You have everyones admiration in your pocket. Absolutely brilliant work, bravo! :)

Guys thank you so very much. Man, your words really encourage me to keep on rolling. So I will.

The MPC B-Wing.
Sources vary on the scale of this thing. Some say 1/96, others closer to 1/144. It's 7" long and I'd say falls some where inbetween the two. This kit, as you may know, is a turd. Soft detail, poor fit, whatever.

This ship will be very much a 'supporting actor' in this diorama, tucked away at the rear, off to the side. The illuminated 144 Falcon will likely get more attention. With that in mind this is going to be a straight OOB buildup. No scribing, no detailing..nothing. Sand the seams as best I can and paint it. Fini.

The build is done. I will scratch build some type of cradle to support this as there are no landing gear...or bays.

3665.jpg

3666.jpg

SCOTT,

Yeah Dude ! That X-Wing sings ! This B-wing is pretty cool ! I dig th workable wings.

Keep on Rockin' Brotha' !!!

\m/_\m/

I remember my old ROTJ B-Wing (Kenner?) had landing gear, odd that this has nothing similar.

Get her painted though. 8)

Thanks ERIK, Todd.

Yeah, those Kenner ones did. Actually quite a few great 'model' builds have been made using that toy as a base. They post them for sale in the model section on ebay.

Paint will start on the 21st. ;)

Will you have any TBD's, I mean, Y-wings in the hangar, too?

The Y-wing is one of my favorites, because of its role in the story. Right out of the Battle of Midway.

Latest posts

Back