1/35 X-wing - Forced perspective Diorama

Yes indeed!!! Achieving some incredible depth!!! Keep going!!! Think you lasted longer with the masking than I would have!!! Top notch Sir!! ;)

lol not all dood...

your skills have progressed in leaps and bounds.

ya
rly
srsly

LOL. Ok. Read it wrong. Thanks brother. Your a good teacher. I was getting at all these minor updates that I'm posting. LOL.

...and freehand airbrushing that dark shading on those torpedo tubes was....fun!

Thank you guys. I appreciate the comments.

Well, I'm turning the last corner and on the home stretch with this one. I spent the day, on and off, working on a pin wash. I've used only AK Interactive Dark Brown Wash so far. I'll let this cure overnight and then move on to more washes/filters of different tones and focus just on individual areas.

Then the droid strip will get some attention and that will just about do it.

3649.jpg

3650.jpg

3651.jpg

3652.jpg

Wow! That's looking really quite stunning. Love the photographs too, they show every angle.

SCOTT,

WoW ! This ROX ! Great job with th chippin' & weathering ! I love th kill marks , great touch ! This X-Wing is really turnin' into a Hot Number !

Keep up th great work !!

\m/

sssssssaaweeeeeeeet!! Nice Job Scott, looks fantastic, you should be proud of yourself. ;D

Scott,buddy, can't help admiring your results. With all the masks taken off, some washing and additional chipping this bird now looks a masterpiece. Brilliant work!

Thank you guys. Very kind of you.

I've been adding layers of filth. Dark oil washes on the engines, AK interactive Streaking Grime here and there, airbrushed streaks on the wings, AK Interactive Rust Wash in different spots. Vallejo Pigments on the droid strip.

Now the question is: when is enough too much?

3653.jpg

3654.jpg

3655.jpg

Looks sweet Scott!! Thinking the "enough is enough" bit is when you call it quits!! ;) Thinking you are getting close though ;D

It looks fantastic Scott, they say if you think you have weathered it to much then you have...but I think this looks super its been a real joy to follow and you should definitely be proud of yourself. If I was to add some suggestions all I would do is add some VERY faint streaking with AK's streaking grime on the little raised squares and rectangles found all over the ship, not all of them just a few.
Again great job ;)

Latest posts

Back