1/35 Tamiya M26 Recovery Vehicle

JohnSimmons said:
Ian the tools were painted carefully by hand with Vallejo and citadel paints, I usually slide a piece of paper or masking tape under them but I couldn't do that this time with the rack there on.

I have an abnormal fear of hand painting and I should force myself to do more to get comfortable with it.
Do you thin the Vallejo paints at all? What about the Citadel? Are you doing many layers to build up the final look?

Thanks G. Ian, I don't thin the Vallejo paints per say but I do have my little pot of water handy incase I want to feather any edges etc. I basically use Vallejo Old Wood (un thinned) to do the handles, then a brown with super fine brush to do the 'wood effects' then Citedal's Devlin Mud wash at the base where it meets the metal, then I sometimes thin the Vallejo to get rid of the harsh line the Devlin mud wash leaves. As far as the metal it couldn't be easier Citedal's bolt gun metal with a Badab black (also citedal) wash all over.

Thank you guys, still sandin tyres :p and after coming back from Euromilitare I just wanna throw it out the window lol

JohnSimmons said:
Thank you guys, still sandin tyres :p and after coming back from Euromilitare I just wanna throw it out the window lol

Nooooooooo, it's looking sweet dude! Don't throw it it out da window lol

Lol thanks lads, rock on Eric \m/
A really lame update guys sorry, all I've got to show is some worn tyres. But at least I'm over that hurdle now and I can concentrate on the build/paint:
IMG_7274_zps94ed427a.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sgt Major called, he says to paint that thing green, makes is compound look bad!! :eek: :eek:

Seriously nice work on that exhaust!

Just catching up on this build John, its looking awesome mate.

Great detail work you're putting in all over, i normally rush through things like the tools but you're showing me the way dude!

look forward to watching this come together, great work

Cheers guys, got some more bits and bobs done, seats:
IMG_7287_zps1e7e64c1.jpg
My giant thumb:
IMG_7291_zps3d79e030.jpg
IMG_7293_zps3c37dcd7.jpg
IMG_7294_zps5026e843.jpg
Thanks for looking!!!! :D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latest posts

Back