1/35 Tamiya M26 Recovery Vehicle

Thanks lads. Not much of an update, all I got done this weekend was 45 mins at the bench to get the decals on, here's the gfloss coat with decals:
IMG_7257_zps23e61045.jpg
IMG_7258_zps4bf34180.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]

Looking good to me dude! Isn't it funny how much less time we get at the bench once a little word arrives?

hahaha

Thanks guys, and Adam I'd like to say you get more bench time as they get older.....but you dont. ;)
So a little update for you, the decals are on and I've applied a matt coat.
IMG_7259_zpscea06a4d.jpg
I've also finished painting some of the little bits of equipment and stuff:
IMG_7262_zps68382688.jpg
and I've tried a little something new. After looking at the reference photos of the M26 I have, you can see white streaks from the stars. I've used Humbrol white enamel thinned down then lightly streaked with thinners and I'm sorta happy with how it looks, what do you think?
IMG_7261_zpscfb41c99.jpg
The one on the roof is a little over done I think.....
Anyway that's all for tonight, and here's a look through my eyes
IMG_7263_zps57cdc888.jpg
Cheers guys.

It's a cool truck man. Those streaks...if you got reference you got reference. Perhaps a bit too uniform streaking...density of color I mean? What do I know? I like it.

Nice effect John, if I may suggest, if you have some Ak's dark streaking grime (the green tint one), put a few random streaks under the stars. I think that would do the trick mate.

John, you can lie to me and tell me I'll get more time at the bench. ;)

Back to things model related, I like the white stars effect! Oh ya, those interior details look great too.

Very cool indeed. I like the pin up girl decals , did they come with the kit ?

On a side note I have bench envy.. :p nice work area

Oh man I'm so bored, I've been sanding rubber tyres for over an hour and it seems such a waste of precious bench time lol, I know it will be worth it in the end though. And I've got this crazy idea that I may get this done for Euromilitare this weekend.....well to a state where it can be displayed.
Thank you all for commenting about the white streaking, I'll post the reference image and show you that I've gone a little to heavy but I still like it and the weathering and dust/mud etc will hopefully tie it all together. The pic is taken from an M26 now so yeah not really in keeping with what I'm making only about 70 years worth of ageing lol.
And yeah the decals come with the kit ;)

outstanding john,

you could mount the wheels and attach them to a drill :)

Cheers guys, and Spud I wacked the dremmel out and its made life a bit easier lol.
So this is where I'm at now, getting there!
IMG_7264_zpse5be3e5b.jpg
Got the tools done:
IMG_7266_zps669e9a97.jpg
IMG_7267_zps68b3f749.jpg
IMG_7269_zps9a73e4e0.jpg

What they said. Looks great John. I bet you can't wait to start weathering...although airbrushing is fun too.

Thanks Dogfish7 and John (nice feature in issue 3 by the way John that couldn't have come at a better time for me lol), Scott I'm so ready for weathering and again your 5th wheel on the rat rod is going to come in handy with this too, Euroean Pigment and engine oil over and over again? 8) Ian the tools were painted carefully by hand with Vallejo and citadel paints, I usually slide a piece of paper or masking tape under them but I couldn't do that this time with the rack there on. Cheers guys, back to sanding rubber tyres now ::)

Latest posts

Back