1/35 Tamiya M26 Recovery Vehicle

Very Nice John,

You can get that cab from Realmodel if you fancy it :)

You gotta love Life Colour! My favourite type of paint. Pitty their range isn't all that big. Especially in the maritime line of popaints are a few big gaps.

You did an excellent job with them on your M26. Makes me want to paint something green...

Cheers,
Guido

Cheers guys I should stick some legs on it! Todd it's a nice brush you don't feel very manly holding it at first but you get used to it lol! The airbrushcompany.com sent it to me and it sprays lovely.
That's a nice vid John, wish I could see some WW2 armour up close.
Thanks Guido Life color sure is lovely paint.
So not much has been done, first off don't leave your man cave unattended other wise this sort of thing happens:
IMG_7248_zps38b45b1b.jpg
Got this 'front bumper' thing scratched up, AK chipping fluid was used and the rest of the truck will get scratched and chipped in time so this won't look so out of place:
IMG_7249_zpsd77d0761.jpg
Thanks for looking!

[attachment deleted by admin]

JohnSimmons said:
The airbrushcompany.com sent it to me and it sprays lovely.

Can they send me one? ;-)

Is it easy to clean? I find myself spending more time taking apart my Krome to clean it than I do spraying!

Alclad primer and Tamiya for everything else, thinned with their lacquer thinner.

Same here, I rinse between colors and wash end of session.

I clean my brush with lacquer thinner. Works excellent.

Cheers guys. Lol it was a hard decision removing the bow! I have to clean my velocity nearly every time but it still is my favourite AB. The Iawata seems to clean out fine but I've only used it a handful of times.

It's lookin good John.

On the AB comments I don't think there such a thing as cleaning your AB too much. I was an auto spray painter a few millenniums ago and pretty much used the one gun for about 5 years ( was an iawata ) without ever replacing a part.

Cheers rookie, I'm not always that good at looking after things!
So I was really happy with how the cab looked regarding the colour but we're never 100% happy are we? So I decided to mess about with it even more (yeah I know your bored of seeing it). I used some Humbrol 81 Pale Yellow as a filter mixed heavily with enamel thinners. Basically just thinned down the paint in a pot lightly brushed it on the areas that I wanted highlighted, waited 30 seconds for it to dry (doesn't take long under my lights!) then went in with the 'dear foot' (is that what its called?) brush damp with thinners and basically just blended the edges in:
IMG_7254_zpsaf8fb99f.jpg
Hopefully I'll get some more time at the bench this weekend. Have a good one guys!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nice job on those highlights.

Deer foot? Not sure. Looks like a paint brush to me. ;)

Latest posts

Back