1/35 Tamiya M26 Recovery Vehicle

JohnSimmons

For Spud: I was once Merseajohn
Yo. It seems like forever I've been away from the gang lol, but I have been dipping into this awesome kit every now and then, on my lap infront of the TV when I can steal an hour in-between moving house, birthdays, my little boy, parties, summer....you know how it is. And now I've got something to show, I'm sorry the pics suck, they were taken on the kitchen table in daylight. I still havnt finished my mancave yet (although it should be done by next week, I'll post pics :)) which will have the proper camera set up. As far as the the kit is concerned it falls together with only minor filling needed in places. Ive sanded the tyres down but still will need to go in again and give em another rub down. Theres ejector pin marks on the windows steels that needs addressing but its a great model and I'm having a lot of fun. Cheers guys ;)
JS
DSC01658_zps6757b981.jpg
DSC01662_zps05f6a3bc.jpg
DSC01665_zpsa6cdffc0.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yip ....got me popcorn ready and I got here early so I get a comfy seat :D :D

Oh, look at you go!! Cool kit! Plenty of weathering opportunities there!! Chris stole my popcorn so I need to run out and pick some up!! 8)

Very cool, have this one in the stash somewhere. Love the recovery and engineering vehicles.

Just saw a picture in the new Airfix Model Magazine of a Canadian Diamond T 40 ton tank transporter hauling Canadian Sherman MkV. Now I can't wait for the Hobby Boss kit of the tank transporter to come out!

Lol cheers guys. Don't expect to finish those beers and popcorn soon though this could be a slow build! But I'm glad your all along for the ride ;)

Time ain't the issue brotha'!! Its the running out of supplies (snacks) whilst the show go on!!!! ;D

Thanks Adam...you know how Chris is with popcorn!! Gotta watch those guys from NI ya know!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hi John ;D

Look at you! Building something Olivr Drab :p I'm in brother!! Love the looks of those things

Well as Adam pointed out this isn't much of a shelf queen as I only started it at the beginning of July but I've been putting it off so now I've got a reason to get this bad boy finished ;D
Not much to show from tonight's 45 mins at the bench but its something, the rear plate is only dry fitted ( I suppose there has to be weld beads where that gap is right?):
IMG_7168_zpsef255573.jpg
IMG_7169_zps96f6ac1d.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]

this was my First build i done when i came back to teh Hobby :) ild like to do another one with what i know now :)

looking forward to this John :)

Cheers guys, Spud that must have been a shock to the system with all these parts, PE, brass tubing, rubber tyres string for the winch etc lol

lol it was but i had a blast doing it all painted with a hairy brush :D

Latest posts

Back