1/35 DML Tiger 1 Late Production 212 Tank

Build Blog:

Transmission done but it need some cutting about 2 to 3mm on both side to make it fit on the DML. aside from that lots of gaps and the mold is not actually centered, putty need to correct some problems.

2012-02-25224552.jpg

On the Picture below, a lot of cutting is need some may need to be cut into pieces to make it work rather than cutting on both side to make it fit...

2012-02-25173834.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!

Way to go ER!!! Little surgery and you will be good to go!!! Love the destroyer in the back there!!! ;)

Thanks, T!!! I just came from a road trip not much to add as of this time :)

ER,

Yeah ... a little surgery is always good to get th juices flowin !!

I like where this is goin !!

A tail of two kittys ;D

2kittys.jpg

Finally finish the Zim for the DML Tiger, not much of a battle damage as of now.
most PE had been installed... It should be a base coat for now, but I'm bashing it with Academy Interior and now Figuring out how to fit it... some parts or most need to be cut and sand due to 2mm to 4mm width difference.

2012-03-03091938.jpg

Thanks guys for looking!!! your comment and opinion is appreciated to improve this kit. :)

Sorry for the late update... still juggling with the 3 kitties in line... any way here's an update of one of the triplets, somehow the tamiya paint (dark yellow) reacted with the Tamiya lacquer (Flat) giving it a faded chipped look but if you notice some of the roadwheels didn't react with the lacquer. did a freehand camo with a vert thin
Nato Green and Brown. next stop a bit of dark Iron for the Zim damage to have that worn out effect.

2012-03-28114014.jpg
2012-03-31153854.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!

Cheers!!
ER

Hey Eastrock, good AB-job with that camo...

all these wheel are just for ONE Tiger ? ? **** !
´´
and... just a question... wich color are you going to use to show "dark iron" ? ? I need some "naked iron" for some areas in my Sherman (projectile hits), and I was thinking just to use a combination of very dark grey and some pencil graphite... ???

Thanks for sharing, East ! :)
RG

RG, yes all that for one tiger... still got 2 set in-line ;D

Tamiya sells Dark Iron (acrylic) and Gunze Burn Iron (Metalized Lacquer) but works great, hope this helps your sherman :)

Cheers!!!
ER

Eastrock said:
Tamiya sells Dark Iron (acrylic) and Gunze Burn Iron (Metalized Lacquer) but works great, hope this helps your sherman :)

Cheers!!!
ER
Thanx ER !! so that´s done ! :D

Wow! You did all that Zim yourself? Wow !

Great going on both of them! I like the ship in the background as well!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks Brown, much appreciated!!

Norm, yes I did the zim, one more tiger but a knocked out one with zim also.

the Ship is almost done already finished the rigging. :D

Jus a bit of update with the Tank, the rusting looks a bit reddish still need some pratice... I used dark Iron (Tamiya) on the Zim damage.

2012-04-06125044.jpg

comments and suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks for looking!!
ER

Almost there... decals already in place but still a lot of silvers, did use the Academy kit supplied decals and the softer won't even work at them, tone down a bit of rust on the front spare links... the Vinyl tracks is bit off... most of the paint flaked it a bit tricky and it won't stick even I already burn the locks with hot metal :-X

will provide final update before the month ends a bit more weathering, mud and a final wash to tone it down.

2012-04-17125047.jpg

2012-04-17125112.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!!! :D

Cheers!!!
ER

Loving the Tiger, Eastrock. Parade finish, clean tanks are OK, but give me a War weary veteran...chipped, scraped,
and shell pock-marked any day. Very nice, my friend.
You might consider this, I've seen other models with large areas with Zimmerit off and they added just a little
rust color where the Zimm and metal meet....the effect looked really cool. Something to think about?
Keep going....looking forward to the finish of your "Big Cat". Bill

ER,every time I come by your shop the sitreps get better and better. 8)

High Steppin Tiger
Tony lee

Latest posts

Back