1/35 DML Tiger 1 Late Production 212 Tank

Eastrock

It's All About The Fun!!!
Hi guys!!!

Just acquired this beast from a fellow IPMS member, this kit is kinda hard to comeback and didn't think twice to buy it at a very low price. Thanks, Komrade!!!

100_0446.jpg

I will be this one a side build, It will took longer since there's a lot of stuff inside the box. its has pack with PE :eek: but the downside of it you have to buy Zimmerit or DIY, I choose the latter, will doing it with Miliput (1st Choice) or Apoxie Sculpt ( If I had extra budget).

Theme: Villers-Bocage 1944

any reference would be much appreciated!!!

oh nice my favorite tank, looking forward to this

Yeah ...What he says ;D ;D Get er built !!!

Chris.

I will be looking forward to this! I have the newer late Tiger kit with the premolded zimmerit.

Hey Eastrock sweet kit i have one of those myself it is awesome ill keep watching this build. ;D

panzerman75

Thank guys!!! a bit of reference regarding Tiger 1 212 would help :)

@Chris / Spud, I'm still gathering reference regarding the tank... there are 2 different type of road wheels... the front hull towing Pintle is different from other reference.

@Sukhoi by the least it you won't be s'building the zimmerit, is that a waffle type?

@Thanks panzerman, a piece of advice will be appreciated, since this is my first time to build a German tank.

Nice kit Eastrock!!! Looking forward to seeing you rip into this one!! Look at that pile of shinny stuff in the corner of that box :eek: Gonna be a good time my friend!! ;)

@Sukhoi, Thanks for the link... I think be better practice making zim on blu tac to get the correct size, since the turret and hull has difference in size.

@T, hey buds... will be doing this as a side build in the meantime need to finish the 2 birds and the Military workhorse, painting has stop due to bad weather.

as of now reading the instruction makes me ??? its not kinda clear :-\

yeah, I also encountered the wrong instruction on the DML M1A1 AIM, there's a part that need to install that's not included in the instruction. Now I'm facing the same dilemma :-X just need to base the instruction from reference pics.

Yeah, Dragon's Misdirections can bite kind of! I would also try looking through some build logs here and across the www. You may find a lot of helpful info to get you through what pops up!! ;D

Try this... http://www.bpmodels.net/Model/Album/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7

Bill Plunk has some outstanding builds that are SBS. Not the same kit, but might give you some good direction.

Good luck!! ;)

dragon really should fire the guys doing the instructions. you think after doing teh test builds these mistakes would be fixed

Thank T, just started the lower hull... still can't continue on the raptor, still experiencing a bad weather here and now the whole metro was covered with SMOG with I thought its a fog ( just realized I live in urban area not in the mountains :eek:)

@ Spud, DML has a good line of products but they fail in the instruction dept.

@Big John, thanks for the link... now I'm tempted grab the Initial Production this coming Christmas!!! or DML Johann Huber Jagdpanzer IV L/70 (V).

No worries bud ;) I think its one of the best sites for Tiger info ,use translator on it cause its all in German .

Chris.

ohh yoink.. seeing as i have 2 or is it 3 tigers this will be handy at some point

Three tiggy's Spud ;D Get building man ;D ;D ::)

Chris.

Latest posts

Back