1/144 Rebel Transport GR-75

Incredible work, John!
Very well done so far. It feels to me like with this one You've outbid yourself in the means of preshading/prime-painting. Thumbs up!

Thanks guys! I e got the remaining stowage on (there's some left over....dio? Lol) and the landing gear. I've sprayed it with a satin coat ready for weathering! ;D
IMG_5998_zps2376bb74.jpg
IMG_5999_zpsf3b5b6ce.jpg
Cheers guys!
JS

At first, I was ignoring the build thinking it was just another amazing resin kit you do.........well I was right. This thing is SWEEEEEEET! I'll be following it now for sure! Didnt think there would be a kit made for this since it has such a glancing appearance in the movies.

Quite impreesive

how big is this thing?

Yeah that old AMT/Ertl/MPC kit is about 1/400---give or take-- and is about 8". THIS kit @ 1/144 is 25".

Awesome work John. The bottom looks like the top deck of a cargo ship. Clearly the look the designers were going for.

LrdSatyr8 said:
Oh yeah... not long now!
Yup the hull is almost there! :D
Eastrock said:
Amazing John :eek:
Thanks man!
Quaralane said:
A LOT of stowage there
Yeah the Rebels always had overweight luggage charges.
Tailor said:
... I think I can see Leia's beauty case... ;D
;D
TBadger said:
At first, I was ignoring the build thinking it was just another amazing resin kit you do.........well I was right. This thing is SWEEEEEEET! I'll be following it now for sure! Didnt think there would be a kit made for this since it has such a glancing appearance in the movies.
Thanks man appreciate it. Yeah very short screen time but still a classic Star Wars ship.
Cave_Dweller said:
This is looking really cool John, very nice model.
Cheers dude.
Glorfindel said:
Awesome work John. The bottom looks like the top deck of a cargo ship. Clearly the look the designers were going for.
Thanks man, totally.
Ok guys if you want to watch a mumbling idiot take a look at this:
Weathering The 1/144 Rebel Transport

[attachment deleted by admin]

Looking forward to the video man. I'm sure it'll be great. I'll just watch with the sound turned off.

;) jk.

Ha that might be the best thing to do! Hopefully youtube has crushed all the HD and you wont be able to see anything I'm doing ::)

John it looks great. Your video is fine and I love the way you show the use of the AK products. The kit looks great too. I've watched Mig use his products and now I've seen you use them too and now you guys have put my mind to ease because that's the same way I've used them. Seriously thanks for posting that. Scott's right, more videos man.

Nice work there, man! This thing is looking so cool!
Do I get this right? You just put oin the pigments and don't fix them with mineral spirit? How do you prevent them from falling off? What happens, when you have to dust your model off?
Guido

Latest posts

Back