1/144 Rebel Transport GR-75

Nice progress. Yep it is amazing what you can do with 30 minutes. That is all I had this week for mine.

Gotta say bro... this is gonna look awesome when it's done. I've never had much luck doing resin kits myself. Always end up with warped pieces at some point. I know when you're done with it, it'll look amazing! I'll be watching!

Thanks again guys, got some more work done this afternoon. I've started on the lighting. First up hollowing out the engines and adding 3mm blue led's:
IMG_5827_zpsd86dae27.jpg
Stuck the led through a whole made in the plasticard with fast drying CA glue (this will be diffused come the finish):
IMG_5832_zps879651ca.jpg
Then added a small swith to the rear plate:
IMG_5835_zpsf18ca78b.jpg
Hidden with boxes, to activate the swithch just slide the cargo back ;)
IMG_5839_zpsb3a007ca.jpg
Drilled holes to allow the wires to poke through:
IMG_5841_zpsda071ef5.jpg
Snuggly attached :D
IMG_5842_zps31202c81.jpg
Thanks so much for looking and commenting!
JS

:eek: Cant believe I'm getting my first look at this build today...Its looks amazing my friend! Beautiful work! Really superb looking kit as well, would love to add one to my stash.

Stellar building John...well, I guess 'Inter'-stellar!! :p Nice bid on hiding that switch!!! Always fun watching you build!!

Leighbo said:
looking good john and great work on hiding that switch its a nice touch
Thanks man!
Quaralane said:
Nice work getting lights to those
Cheers Q!
Grendels said:
And we have light! Nicely done!
Thanks G, might not be up to your standards but there in there lol ;)
MrNatural said:
:eek: Cant believe I'm getting my first look at this build today...Its looks amazing my friend! Beautiful work! Really superb looking kit as well, would love to add one to my stash.
Cheers buddy, and thanks for stopping by. ;D
TRM said:
Stellar building John...well, I guess 'Inter'-stellar!! :p Nice bid on hiding that switch!!! Always fun watching you build!!
Likewise man! Thanks for the comments T ;)
Well I got an update, the landing gear bays have been installed:
IMG_5969_zps29a2c6b6.jpg
IMG_5970_zpsd452450f.jpg
IMG_5972_zpsf2f8bc47.jpg
And I've added some working lights:
IMG_5974_zpsa428b9fb.jpg
A sneak peek at the bottom engines ;D
IMG_5975_zps781f375d.jpg
And theres still more lego....I mean stowage to go on:
IMG_5967_zpsb4ebb683.jpg
Cheers guys!

The detail on those nozzles are fantastic......really great cast

Nice switch hiding, another winner on the way!

J

OK...looks like I spoke way too soon!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Having trouble expressing this with out using an expletive!! ;D Outstanding!!! ;)

Incredible mate! This is some beatiful work. :eek:

Loving the lighing! Great job with the switch. 8)

This is looking swah-weeeeeeeeeeeeet! :) Wish I oculd have afforded one of these bad boys! Doing an awesome job on it too! Can't wait to see it completed!

Latest posts

Back