1/144 Rebel Transport GR-75

I dont even know what that is ...but it looks sweet ;D Lots of detail in there ,and the paint is tops !!

Chris.

I do believe I have been a bit self consumed in some projects John and completely missed this!!! Out-friggin'-standing!!! Awesome shading one this!!! BTW...just toss the the other one in the bin after seeing this!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:................... ;)

Chris S said:
I dont even know what that is ...but it looks sweet ;D Lots of detail in there ,and the paint is tops !!

Chris.
Thanks Chris, I don't think Nicks link works.....try this:
Adywans Empire Strikes Back Revisited - Hoth Ion Cannon Shot
TRM said:
I do believe I have been a bit self consumed in some projects John and completely missed this!!! Out-friggin'-standing!!! Awesome shading one this!!! BTW...just toss the the other one in the bin after seeing this!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:................... ;)
Lol thanks so much Todd!

Chris S said:

Chris.
Chris I just shot beer out my nose all over the keyboard! Classic. Great work John.

Nice paint John, got any pics to put it into scale ? I'm guessing about 30 cm long...

Looking forward to see more John

I dug out some books to get some scans, you probably have these references:

RebelTransport1.jpg

RebelTransport2.jpg

RebelTransport3.jpg

J

Rookie it's a little over 30cm I think mate (sorry for the late reply!) and cheers John I have those but not scanned in, sooo I have them printed out as refrence in the shed ;)
A little bit of an update, I'm finding modelling time really hard at the moment! I've got the little stowage boxes painted and attached, again I probably won't weather these as they will be covered up with the side armour....well maybe a quick wash so I don't come across lazy!
IMG_5816_zpsa8f37882.jpg
IMG_5819_zps8bdefcfd.jpg
IMG_5820_zps07db8adb.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]

This looks great! Hands down!
Could you place an in-scale figure next to your kit to giev us some size relation, please?
Guido

Looking Great John, there's fantastic detail there.

Sorry to hear that time is tight at the minute, but so far you've been able to still keep the hobby up, not like me....I had to completely put things on hold for the first 4 or so years of my kids lives.

I had to muck about with 3d programs on the computer instead.....not as much fun

* sorry meant to say, your painting adds so much scale to that model already.....it looks like a cargo ship

J

What!?! No hairspray chipping!

Just kidding. Looks cool. Can't wait to start to see the armor.

Tailor said:
This looks great! Hands down!
Could you place an in-scale figure next to your kit to giev us some size relation, please?
Guido
Thanks, I'll try to place a 1/144 fig (if I can find one..) next to it in the next update.
Jaitea said:
Looking Great John, there's fantastic detail there.

Sorry to hear that time is tight at the minute, but so far you've been able to still keep the hobby up, not like me....I had to completely put things on hold for the first 4 or so years of my kids lives.

I had to muck about with 3d programs on the computer instead.....not as much fun

* sorry meant to say, your painting adds so much scale to that model already.....it looks like a cargo ship

J
Yeah my other half is great and let's me pop out in the shed for an hour a week if things are going well, plus I'm lucky enough to work locally so sometimes I can even get 30mins in a lunch break (amazing what you can get done in a half hour actually). And thanks for the comments.
rookie said:
Nice contrasting colours on the stowage boxes, looks cool.
Thanks, do you like the wooden coffins? lol
Scott Girvan said:
What!?! No hairspray chipping!

Just kidding. Looks cool. Can't wait to start to see the armor.
No hairspray as yet my friend! All though the rebels did like their hair looking nice. Armour is coming, but next I've got to work out the lighting 8)

Latest posts

Back