1/144 Rebel Transport GR-75

Thanks! I rub them in pretty hard so they won't come off, I also give them a light coat of Matt varnish to seal them, don't put it on too heavy though as it will dissolve the pigment ;)

Good vid John, thanks for sharing. I've always used cotton buds with my washes, never thought of using a brush ::)

I guess you don't know what you don't know... :p I will definitely give it a burl next time.

Cheers

Nice video, more please! They will get better as you get more comfortable with the camera.

Awesome work, sir! What a great subject and a cool kit!! Watching your video when work time is done...

rookie said:
Good vid John, thanks for sharing. I've always used cotton buds with my washes, never thought of using a brush ::)

I guess you don't know what you don't know... :p I will definitely give it a burl next time.

Cheers
Thanks mate. Yeah give it a try!
Grendels said:
Nice video, more please! They will get better as you get more comfortable with the camera.
Thanks John, it's funny...it's more daunting for me too make a video than it is ripping into a £300 plus resin kit model lol!
CheesyGrin said:
Awesome work, sir! What a great subject and a cool kit!! Watching your video when work time is done...
Cheers mate, I hope you'll enjoy it!

Thank you CD, Cash and Q! ;) I've started assembly of the top, it comes in two sections and needed quite a bit of epoxy glue to get it right. A little filler will be needed but no surprise there. I'll get some pics up later :)

Pics!
All the notches were carefully filled sharp and smooth:
IMG_6015_zpse22d76b1.jpg
All engine exhausts have been blacked out with Vallejo Black primer:
IMG_6009_zps01bd7674.jpg
Blue Led's drilled through:
IMG_6030_zps18026b16.jpg
;D
IMG_6022_zpsc3ce1602.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jaitea said:
Hmmmmm.....nice!

'The first Transport is away!'

J
Our first catch of the day!
nicholassagan said:
such a pretty blue!! are you going to diffuse them like you did with the XS?
To be honest Nick (ducks... I'm not mate, I'm never going to turn the lights on and I didn't leave enough room to diffuse them properly with baking paper.......saying that though I could cut up a plastic milk bottle and try that?

Excellent work so far! Great video, as well; hope you have time to make another. I had no idea this kit was out there. Thanks for sharing.

JohnSimmons said:
To be honest Nick (ducks... I'm not mate, I'm never going to turn the lights on and I didn't leave enough room to diffuse them properly with baking paper.......saying that though I could cut up a plastic milk bottle and try that?

I would, they need at least a little bit of diffusion....

You realy need to make more vids Jonny, you are good at them

I think we should have a video blog contest as well, that might get entertaining ;D

Gag

nicholassagan said:
ha! or drip a bunch of elmers glue into the nozzle :p
I haven't installed the top nozzles lol, and Nick did your kit come with 8 top engines? Mine was doubled up for some reason? Confused me for a while (not that that's a difficult thing to do lol).
Deere_driver said:
Excellent work so far! Great video, as well; hope you have time to make another. I had no idea this kit was out there. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks mate, I'll try and do another vid ;)
Grendels said:
JohnSimmons said:

I would, they need at least a little bit of diffusion....
Maybe I'll revisit them....if it makes you happy Grendels ::) lol
The Nylon Gag said:
You realy need to make more vids Jonny, you are good at them

I think we should have a video blog contest as well, that might get entertaining ;D

Gag
Thanks Gag I appreciate it mate, and yeah that would be a laugh!

Perhaps if you were to mix up some clear resin mixed with some white acrylic or laquer paints to make it slightly cloudy would help diffuse the light.

Latest posts

Back