1/144 Rebel Transport GR-75

Thanks so much guys, I should have this buttoned up in the next few days ;) here's a sneak peak in the mean time (taken with the iPhone at the bench sorry!):
828-B0DC0CE579A3-7817-00000C7EF7FB4A16_zpsbdee4f86.jpg

John, looks like you want to display this in flight...but would look killer with some 144 figures around it in a hangar scene too. Would really set off the sense of scale. Just saying.

I know man...I have spare crates, a 1/144 falcon (with landing gear down) and a large wooden base going spare......there is a diorama catergory this year right? :p

Only in our minds...lol.

Would be alot of fun to build one man...just use magnets so you can take it apart. Use it for hours of fun photography.

Thanks Q, and you've got me thinking now Scott and looking on eBay for 1/144 Snowspeeder's lol

Now you're talking.

Back when I start 'hoth' I bought several of those. Really nice little kits. I should finish that someday...lolololol.

Ha yeah how you doing on that Hoth build? I liked the 1:1 AT AT you were working on! Ok so I've bought 4 1/144 snowspeeder's. if I have time I'll make a mini Echo base dio...there I've said it. I have a rebel transport, an X-Wing, the Falcon, a little rebel troop carrier (came with the gr75) and the speeders.
Your a bad influence Scott! ;)

Prieser makes some nice 144 figures - and those for the old Ertl Hoth sets are really close in scale.

Just sayin. ;)

Seriously though. It would sure make a cool display. Do it man. Do. It.

You can also get away with using N-scale figures in come cases.
They're close enough to the right size to work.

Beautiful work John, can't wait to see the final pics

......as far as scale goes here's some images I dug out,.....they are by a guy called savmagoett, who does a lot of research & makes fantastic technical drawings:

His text: Here is the official length of the ship, 90 m is better than 26 m but seems a little small compare to the X-Wing and to fit a pilot in the cockpit:

RebelTransportSize11.jpg

Here are several concept sketches that give an approximated length of 120 m:

Note: given the quite different proportions of this concept version of the ship I adapted the landing gear to have a better comparison.

RebelTransportSize2.jpg

In this shot from ROJ the Falcon and 3 X-Wings are maneuvering quite close to the the Rebel transport, it is reasonable to think the Rebel transport appear a little smaller here. So, whatever is one's position about what the size of the Falcon is or should be (26,7m or more), the Rebel transport here is at least 120 m:

RebelTransportSize7.jpg

A link to the site I copied them from:
http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/Discussing-about-scales-in-star-wars/post/500834/#TopicPost500834

J

Scott Girvan said:
Prieser makes some nice 144 figures - and those for the old Ertl Hoth sets are really close in scale.

Just sayin. ;)

Seriously though. It would sure make a cool display. Do it man. Do. It.
Just picked up the Prieser ground crew (they don't make a wookie though :-\) and I'll take a look for the Hoth set. I may make just a corner of Echo Base, with the runway running a an angle.
Quaralane said:
You can also get away with using N-scale figures in come cases.
They're close enough to the right size to work.
I did buy a load of them Q after I saw your jilted Harlet but I can't find them....And Jaitea that refrence is awesome! Thanks man, kind of makes the scale look right, and doesn't the concept (as always) look better!

This is coming along so good, I feel inspired to build some SF in the near future. As I love Star Wars, I should walk into that direction. Could you please measure out the polygonal freight containers for me? I want to do some transporty thingy.
TIA for your help, John!
Guido

Thanks Tailor ;D I'll try and get a measurement for you mate. In the mean time I've been having a little play around lol:
compisit_zps13094129.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]

That certainly puts it into scale for me.....the submarine I was on was ~560ft long so it makes the heft seem more real. This piece is totally neat.

Latest posts

Back