ZiS-2 57mm Anti-tank w/Limber

Sorry for the little delay Sol...thanks buddy!! ;)

A quick update....

Inside of the Splinter Shield is complete. I will need to make a couple adjustment to things I am not too happy with, but I will sort these out and then onto the front side! If you keeping track ::) I am not even 1/3 the way through the PE frets. Most of the shinny little stuff is apparently concentrated into the gun carriage and limber....

1%252520319.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!! ;D

LOL..Thanks Spud! Thinking I am just having a little "tiny-blindness"... stare at something to long and too close up and you go a bit blind!! Or Mad, not sure about either!! ;D

Correction...I was a little off in saying I was complete on this side. Realized after posting earlier, I forgot to add some rivets. Thought I finished, but when I just took some pics....missed 3 :p Back at it in a little while. Giving the eyes a rest and tackling a pin wash on the Panther! ;)

Excellent work my friend ,and you thought I was mad painting clocks ???? ;D

Chris.

That little update packed a BIG punch T!!! Awesome Brudda!!!

Thanks guys!

Chris.....you still a little mad kid!! ;)

ot those rivets finished up, tonight onto the B-side!!! ;D

Pics tomorrow!! ;)

Stellar construction work mate! That PE stuff is not for the impatient that's for sure.

Thank you Myke! LOL, Every so often tho, you just feel like ripping along!! That's pretty much break time at that point! ;D

Minor update, just showing where she stands...

The front of the shield...minus the rivets...

1%252520387.jpg

Placed it in place just to see how it fits...

1%252520388.jpg

1%252520391.jpg

1%252520392.jpg

Still a bit rough in that top right corner...me and some CA had some words over that!!!

I cleaned up a couple axle pieces for the carriage...not really looking forward to the PE leaf springs, but then again, "nothing ventured, nothing gain"...right? ::)

Thanks for stopping by!! ;)

I was just thinking .This would look good left unpainted with a painted figure beside it ;D :p....Excellent madness my friend ;)

Chris.

looking good Trm, i would also think unpainted would be Good, be a shame to hide all that hard work :)

Thanks guys!! Funny, I was thinking of painting it and leaving an unpainted figure next to it... NNNnnnoooo! :p But I had thought of making a figure in patina bronze style. ::) Do a little museum-y thingy Vig?? ???

Cutting pieces for the carriage after I am done checking what everybody has done over the weekend!! ;D

Thanks Tex!! A combination of Mercury Adhesives Thin and Medium!! Mostly thin on the tiny, tiny stuff! LOL!! ;D

Thanks. Never thought to mix thin and medium together. Going to have to try that on the rest of the PE work on the Dragon kit I am building.

That corner that you had fits with..., well that just a weathering opportunity. That's the great thing about PE, if you bend it, it still looks natural.

This is looking awesome though. You using punch/die set for the styrene discs I take it?

Latest posts

Back