ZiS-2 57mm Anti-tank w/Limber

TRM

Hello fellas!!!

The ZiS-2 will be my, at least, 1st entry into the WWGB!!! I picked this (old) little guy up at the AMPS show recently...for a remarkable price I might add!!!! It came with a new barrel and Eduard's PE set. I may not actually get started on it for another day or so, but, I am hoping it will make a nice little project for me

With that.....the Kit:

You have to like the Black & White Box art....

1%252520014.jpg

HUGE ::) selcection on the ....hmmmm...3 sprue inside....at least any flash and pin marks are minimal...

The 57mm...

1%252520017.jpg

The Limber...

1%252520016.jpg

As seen above, I particularly like the 3 different plastics used in molding this gem :p

Finally, the New barrel pieces and the 2 frets of PE...

1%252520021.jpg

I am thinking this will be a nice little project. It may even end up to have a bit of pretty good detail from the AM package, not to mention being so small with a ton of PE, it's not a weekend bang-out.

Looking forward to seeing all the stuff everyone intends on building for the WWGB and thanks for stopping by!!! ;)

Nice looking 'period' box T ;D thought they would have molded it in black & white to keep the theme ;D.Thats a whole lotta Etch there fella ,but Im sure in your hands she'll turn out another corker ;)

Look forward to it .

Chris.

Thanks Chris!! I am beginning to like this, "let's see what I can do with this thing" attitude. There is a bunch of PE for such a small piece...thinking there is more PE than actual parts...LOL!!!! I especially like the tiny little hole at the end of the PE fret, so that you can fashion your own rivet and bolt heads!!! No where did I put that second set of Opti-visors???? ::)

oh cool TRM that pe set will sure bring this one to life

Yeah I've got a few PE sets with the holes for doing rivets ...comes in handy ;)

Chris.

TRM,

Cool lookin little Panzer Knocker ya got there. Bonus on th P.E. & Barrel ! It looks like you might get to build th Limber entirely out of P.E. !!! ;D

I'm lookin forward to th Start !!

Thank you Gentlemen!! Hope to please!! Looking to break into the box tomorrow at some point and maybe clean up the wheels and such. ;)

Wow, this is nice, T!
If I'm not mistaken this is a recast of a fairly old kit produced by "Zvezda" in the middle of 90's.
I've found it during trash sales in my local hobby shop once, and can say it was very good for kitbashing - LOTS of nicely molded small details.
Together with PE and AM this is going to be a pearl. Good luck with your built, buddy ;)

Thanks Sol & Scott!!! Looked at the box 2 times this morning.....Chores 1st :mad: But I will be digging into it by the end of the day!!! ;)

Glad to see you Doc!! ;D Just about ready to dig in right now!! Had a bit of a laugh before supper...wasn't that all the mis-directions are in Russian ??? it was the 2 pages from the kit and the 6 pages from the PE!!! ;) This might take a while ;)

Hiya Norm....Dug in last night a bit, but only sanded the whells a bit so far. Need to clear the bench when it comes to all this PE ;D

schweinhund227 said:
:eek: Wow... The Leaf springs are Photo etched MY GOD !!! Awesome! looking forward to the assembly !

Oooooo .... P.E .Leaf Springs ( In My best Homer Simpson Voice when he's describing eating Doughnuts ... or Beer ;D ) Yeah .. You nail this aspect TRM & no more worrying about th seams on leaf springs !!

Rock Out Brotha' !!!

panzerace007 said:
schweinhund227 said:
:eek: Wow... The Leaf springs are Photo etched MY GOD !!! Awesome! looking forward to the assembly !

Oooooo .... P.E .Leaf Springs ( In My best Momer Simpson Voice when he's describing eating Doughnuts ... or Beer ;D ) Yeah .. You nail this aspect TRM & no more worrying about th seams on leaf springs !!

Rock Out Brotha' !!!

So many springs...so little time!! This will be intersting, when I get to that!! Salvaged an hour last night and started assembly of some Non-metal parts!! I'll do my best to get some pics up when I get hoome today!!

Really neat choice. Don't see this combo everyday. Should be right fine looking.

Thanks Noname!! I hope so too!! ::)

Hello fellas!!

Well I dug into this finally. Not a bunch done yet but getting there. I started putting together a few of the pieces that will still have a bit of plastic left to them. Also popped in a latch on the storage box and a couple pieces of PE on the…?????????... not sure what it is, but it mounts into the 57mm slide!! LOL!!!

Heading downstairs in a bit to work on this a bit tonight (while I am still awake).

1%252520082.jpg

Started to mess with the wheels too…

1%252520081.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!!! ;)

Latest posts

Back