ZiS-2 57mm Anti-tank w/Limber

Thank you Myke!! ;) Not a bad kit at all really! Got some picks coming up a little later on. Still working on the gun itself...breech, angle gears and such. Had to make some adjustments in the kit parts here and there, but nothing too bad!! ;D

Oooh more pics ;D...the ole mojo's working over time now T ;)

Chris.

Hi there Chris!! LOL...yeah overtime is right...not going to argue at the moment! ;D

The pics.....

The breech! The activating lever on the left (sure there is a better name but this works for me) is facing in the wrong direction. I needed to correct this and shave off a piece in preparation for some more of the small shinny stuff!!

1%252520229.jpg

Appearently, I needed part 118!! :eek: LOL...and they want a bend?!?!

1%252520232.jpg

Part installed, with that tiny hook bend on the end of the lever. This stuff is making 1/700 class ships seem like a walk in the park at the moment!! ;D

1%252520235.jpg

After that I turned my attention to a structural bar support thingy. I like the simple straight plastic parts...they are easy to make new one from brass rod! 8) Have to drill 1st!!

1%252520236.jpg

Part installed...

1%252520238.jpg

I also managed to work on the gearbox that raises and lowers the gun...adding some PE and rivets. I'll get that installed and take a couple shots later maybe!!

Thanks for stopping by!! ;)

Top work again my main man ;) ,still like to know where you get those HUGE blades ?? :p

Chris.

Home Depot!! LOL..........do you have a twin? Crap, you are just all over the place!!!! ;D

You're making some nice strides here T! Looks like some very meticulous and time consuming work but the the payoff with all that detail on the final piece will be sweet. The gun is looking awesome! What are you going to shoot once you have the shells rolled and charged? ;D

Thank you FT!! ;D Shoot? Was thinking maybe flies!! ::) (note to self...need to make some ammo... 8) )

Thanks CT!! ;) Now you know why I'm build it SLOOOOOOWLY! One piece, two piece..oh my God, my eyes hurt!! LOL!!!! ;D

Wow... . those parts are tinny !!! its nutts man ! :p

as for the "soldering paste" I remember this stuff well ! used it with a HOT AIR soldering station.. doing SMT components soldering Ahh... the days ! neat stuff to see

Your kit is coming along nicely !!! very delicate work there.... NICE !

Thanks Norm!! Been doing pretty good not gluing my fingers together yet or crushing/loosing the timy parts!!! Give me some time! 8)

Another quick update...

The gearbox thingy...

1%252520276.jpg

More...mmm...linkage part for elevation control...

1%252520280.jpg

A quick shot of where I stand. ...

1%252520283.jpg

I started cutting the main shield parts out for preparation to go together. Try to some some better pics up later.

Thanks for peeking!!! ;)

More mini madness !!!....looking good buddy ;D Have you got sore eyes too ::)

Chris.

Thanks Chris & Spud!! LOL...getting close to needing a padded cell soon!! :eek: ;D

LOL...1st...carrots...oh not, me no likey carrots!! :eek:

Chris, they let me take off the jacket for visitors, during the week!! ;D

Latest posts

Back