ZiS-2 57mm Anti-tank w/Limber

Yep good start can't wait to see them leaf springs go together

Thanks Guys!! Did a little hacking last night on the barrel, have some pics for you later.

spud said:
Yep good start can't wait to see them leaf springs go together

:eek: :eek: :eek:

;)

Hiya Fells!!

Strated some work on the 57mm. Interesting upgrade to say the least. Just a little modification to get the new 3 piece barrel installed.

1%252520089.jpg

1%252520093.jpg

and finally...

1%252520105.jpg

Looking forward to this weekend, I might start getting into some of that nice PE.

Thanks for having a look see!! ;)

Yeah, just a bit. The kit actually has this barrel molded in plastic ( just short the 2 extra pieces) and suggests cutting the original out and popping the new one in! I'm thinking a big improvement! ;)

Hello guys!!

Here we go….another “little update. Moving forward here I began the long PE journey tonight. Not sure what they call it but it’s definitely a shield! Lot’s of little pieces, but it looks a bit better than the kit supplied!

1%252520147.jpg

Sorry about the really blue pic. That would be painter’s tape…wasn’t taking any chances on loosing anything. Just for prospective that is a common pin at the bottom of the pic.

Outside…

1%252520153.jpg

Inside…

1%252520155.jpg

I be thinkin’ that is a nice improvement!!! Well, 14 pieces of PE down! Only 106 more to go!! :p (((LOL)))!!!

Thanks for lounging for a bit!! ;D

Gentlemen, thank you for the kind words!! ;)

@Spud - Actually these were not soldered. Pretty sure that there is a small exothermic (heat) reaction on the curing CA and it's reaction to the Brass. Really wanted to play with some solder on this one. Just didn't get around to buying any "Soldering Paste" beforehand ! ;)

@Q - I probably would go a little nuts too buddy. Building small sections and a little at a time (not that you can really rush this stuff). This breaks it up and keeps me from going "Bug-eyed)! :eek:

I hear ya TRM, the etch on my 234/4 is taking its toll on the eyes, couple of bits have gone forever now, pinged out the tweezers into the depths of the carpet.

Really intrigued by your kit, looking forward to seeing it come together.

I would have swared you used a "Resistance soldering kit"! Amazed those heat burns were caused by the CA curing! But Ok!

If I had the 1000$ for a Resistance soldering kit; I would buy one in a heart beat! Would make those
PE set sessions a whole lot easier!.....

Nice job on the gun barrel switch! Looks great!

Keep up the good work!

Thank you Gentlemen!! ;)

@Alan! I hear you about the little PE Rocket ship!!! Little trick...Vacuum cleaner with the wand attachment, take an old pair of nylons (leaving this part up to you to acquire, where, when and how ::) ) Slide the nylon over the attachment and then vac in the approximate vicinity to where the launch occurred and the possible landing site. Don't turn the vac off until you have looked at the wand end attachment. The nylon will capture most any piece of PE before it gets eaten by the vac!! Be careful where you shut it off, the pieces will fall right off when you kill the power! ;)

@Norm - LOL...thinking that would be cool too!! Except after spending the 1000 bucks on the soldering kit...No money for any kits to build!! :eek: Soldering paste work killer !! (when I have some) comes in a syringe, squeeze a dot where you want it and hit it with some heat. Real low temp melting point. Capillary action does the rest!!

TRM,

Do it to it !! Lookin Great. That's some tiny P.E. for that Shield ... Do you have an Opti-Visor ? I never thought I'd need one either. I got one .... WoW ..what a difference it makes lookin' at stuff. Plus th P.E. is easier to work with & doesn't take a Tax on Ye 'Ol Eye Bulls !

Keep on a Rockin Dude !!! Great tip on Exercising th Carpet Monster Demon with th Hosiery & VAC !!

Can't wait for more !! \m/

Waz up Erik!!! Thanks Buddy!! I do have some magnificational-headgear!!! ;D Not sure it's the old eyes as much as there are only two beings that can see that small....Fleas!! & Contest Judges!! ::)

Thinking I could market a new line of "Carpet Hosiery Tools"!!! Maybe call it the "Brass Snatch"?? Oh wait, That sounds fairly disturbing....best I stick to building and painting!! ;)

Having a bit of computer issues at the moment...thinking I have a handle on it . This has eaten into a little bench time but I should be back on track by this afternoon and making something else out of tiny brass pieces!! ;D

TRM said:
only two beings that can see that small....Fleas!! & Contest Judges!! ::)

hahahaha..., that's brilliant.... and true!

What a great kit you've got here. Very interesting and is going to build up into something pretty special I'm thinking. That barrel looks lethal too!

Latest posts

Back