Y-Wing WIP Studio Scale

I really like this. Looks great! How did you find such a kit? Is it still on the market? How much?

Frank Blanton

thanks guys.!
Frank, no you cant find this particular one because it is is kit form of the Master Replicas Y-Wing that was not commercially available as a kit. Steve Neisen (Nice'N Models) has a new new improved Y-WIng in Studio Scale. I think he also did the one i have. but he's always soo backed up that it will take a long time to get one. I got mine from a friend who used to work at MR. I also have info on a 1/48 Y resin kit half the size of mine but bigger and better than the fine molds.

i have noticed that with a lot of the star wars models, the canopies never have clear plastic on them...

13aceofspades13 said:
i have noticed that with a lot of the star wars models, the canopies never have clear plastic on them...
That's actually to avoid reflecting the studio lights, and other things, Ace.
No glass, no annoying, unwanted reflections

thats because the studio models created soo much glare when the lights where on it for filming. and you couldnt see the pilots. its like when you take a icture of your car. you can never see through the clear glass. So i always build my kits that way w no glass. i do know that they did use glass on the Slave 1 and the A-Wings as it had rounded glass

I got the part i was dreading out of the way. the masking of the front. but it came out good. I used a mix of Vallejo Ochre and Tan Glaze. made the chips by simply brushing on liquid mask before i airbrushed. The pics show the top, bottom and side.

[attachment deleted by admin]

WoW Dude !!!

Awesome , Awesome ,Awesome !!! I Dig it Bro ! Great Job on th Chipping ! Smart way to go about it with th Mask !!

In the words of Alan Partridge 'Lovely stuff!'
Got the trickiest part of the masking done! Great work, take it your not going for red jammer then?? ;)

Terrific stuff! It's nice to get the hard part out of the way so you can enjoy the rest of it.

thanks all! yeh after i do the yellow n blue stripes on the "Leggs eggs" cones i can get to the good stuff. making her all dirty!
Yeh, no red jammer. i went for Gold Squadron. not really a particular one like Gold Leader or BBlue Grey, etc.

Thanks Quaralane! Small update...Re-did the front side stripes in reverse. and added the markings on the engines "Legg eggs". tomorrow perhaps a dirty wash? then some final blaster markings and thruster burns in the rear via airbrush...we'll see!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latest posts

Back