Y-Wing WIP Studio Scale

Yeah I Dig it ! This IS a Sharp lookin' Bird !! Th Cockpit looks Fantastic ! I love all of th X-tras that you put into th Body of th Y-Wing ! Really - A Great Job so far !!

Lookin forward to th paint !!

cheers panzer! oh god...the paint...this is harder than my x-wing. its got soooo many nooks and crannies and greeblies. the studio models were very chipped and weathered. tons of work. its that pre-paint anxiety i suppose. any of you get that?

Oh yeah I got that with my falcon, just wanted to leave it primered and stick it on the shelf! ::)

Oh poop. The airbrush needles i ordered which i thought would arrive today didn't come :( hopefully tomorrow. as the Y project fully on hold till that.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

need to get my eyes checked, didn't even see this thread till today.

Excellent work. Seems to be the theme here, Studio Scale kits ....

keep it up mate, this has been interesting to watch (and catch up on)

Ok update time! got my needles and the basecoat is done. I do end up going with the Vallejo deck tan mixed with 60 primer white. Its really showing the details now of the greeblies and piping i made. Im getting very excited again!

[attachment deleted by admin]

This Y-Wing is just Poppin' !! Bustin at th seems with Detail !! I can't wait to see th washes & how much more it jumps out !! Awesome Job !!

Yepper.... what a Monster of a kit !! in that scale it looks and feels so BIG !!!

nice to see all the greebies.... Impressive !!!

take care !

i know the greeblies!!!! OK canopy is officially done pictured with my favorite clear recipe Testors Dullcote and Laquer thinner 50%/50%. I used Vallejo Air Blue RLM65 and washed it it dirty brownish blak pigments and a little brown black mixture of pastel streaking.

[attachment deleted by admin]

:eek: Man what an update! Looks so good, how do you get your colours so close??? Great work John.

thanks John!
i have alot of reference material i printed out to match the colors. and i also keep a nice stock of colors around and mix some if i need to. the pic i posted is less accurate color wise. the blue is warmer. and only some of the streaking picked up on camera becuae it was soo subtle. tomorrow i may attempt to do the top and bottom yellowish/ochre markings on the front. its gonna be a challenge to match the shapes on all sides.

Latest posts

Back