Y-Wing WIP Studio Scale

thanks guys! weahering this guy will be a tough one as it's even more messed up, chipped, and filthy looking than the x-wings!

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thing is HUGE !!!

man ! I missed out on those when there were still available.... I hate myself for not
taking the jump !!! Oh well.... got 3 FM instead !!!

Looking pretty sharp !!!!

Keep up the good work !

Norm.

hey norm- theres a new improved one out from Steve Neisen right now but theres a list to get one. PM me if you would like his email to get in touch. It builds up to 27" i believe. HUGE! But in scale with the Salzo studio scale X-Wings.

YEAH , this thing Rox ! That Figure is really Cool ! I like th Visor ! Great Job on that !! I can't wait to see this Huge Baby weathered !!

Great Score on th KIT !!

Today's Update:
Alrighty! I got the R2 unit painted up late last night. I also got most of the plumbing done using 1.5mm, 2mm, & 3mm Brass rod and tube. The front nose cannons are installed and actually were given to me by friend Jason Eaton. They're made of various brass tubes. All that needs to be done now is the bottom plumbing and the T-track with the very rear circular engine discs. Getting closer to primer!!!!!

Awsome! It looks great and its huuuge!! Looking forward to see the r2 unit light up! ;)

Late Late night update. So, tomorrow...PRIMER!!!!! tossing up wether to do a white or grey primer. I usually do white but may hit it with the gray instead cuz i could chip and sand to weather it and some of the grey exposed would probably look sweet.
Anyways...All the brass rod is done...theyll be painted copper later. Will use an enamel for that for more realistic metal effects. For the base coat i may use Vallejo Deck Tan mixed with white 60-40%.
More updates soon!

Looking fantastic! Can't wait til you start painting her.

Those are great pics too, keep em coming.

thank you comrades. i just hit it with some grey primer. will snap pics tonite. it took an entire large rattle can to do the job!!!

Latest posts

Back