Y-Wing WIP Studio Scale

punkpigpen

Ok so its not a WIP from the beginning as i planned. Basically cuz im soo bad about taking pics...This kit is not an available one. I got it from a friend who had the kit form of the Master Replicas YWing. As many resin kits (I think thats 90% of what i build) no instructions are included and the Y-Wing has 100s of greeblies so i had to do extensive research. He also included a few of the original plasticc parts from the kit bashes that ILM did for theyre Y WIng. (Not pictured is the pilot)
Sanding, sanding....thats all i seem to ever do! Pesky resin kits!!
At this point most of it is assembled. The lighting is routed out. had to route out alot of resin to make that happen in the body and front cockpit area.
All the plumbing will be 1mm, 2mm and 3mm rass rod (Not tube)
More updates coming soon!

[attachment deleted by admin]

WoW !! Cool Stuff !

No Instructions .. Ouch. Smokin' job !! Super Bonus Points for not having Instructions !

Yeah .. I'm lookin' forward to this Build !! Rock-On !!

yeh these studio scale kits never do have instructions. but i do enjoy the research to get every part right. The Y-Wing's body basically looks like ILM dipped it in glue and threw it on a pile of Tamiya tank parts ans said "WALA!!! Here's the Y-Wing Mr. Lucas!"

The Y-Wing kits in SS are as elusive these days as the prarie Jackalope!!! Mine is soo rare because its the Master Replicas YWing in its kit form. so its never been available unbuilt. BUT you can get a kit from Steve neisen but getting a reply from him, well...good luck. And he has a witing list a mile long. tHEY don;t run cheap. Theyre huge with massive amounts of resin. basically about $600

Wow glad to see you managed to pick up one mate, Your doing a fantastic job so far! lighting resin kits isnt a walk in the park! Watching this with much interest!

Awesome! Thanks for sharing this with us pPigp!

Looking forward to seeing more. Good luck with her, and keep snappin' them photos! ;)

Cool stuff here!
This kit looks like a real pearl with all those details, and very accurate from what I recall.
I'm quite anticipated to see, what it is going to turn into - so waiting for more ;)

Todays update: I will cut the T-Track for the engine rods to 13.64" according to some Y Wing enthusiasts on another forum. Also i scratchbuilt a little drop down targeting system out of styrene sheet and styrene tube attached to the inside ceiling of the canopy.

pilot painted, weathered and i added a microphone made out of 2 brass tubes and i also painted the seat, bolt gun with chrome silver dry brushing.

Looking good!

punkpigpen said:
The Y-Wing kits in SS are as elusive these days as the prarie Jackalope!!! Mine is soo rare because its the Master Replicas YWing in its kit form. so its never been available unbuilt. BUT you can get a kit from Steve neisen but getting a reply from him, well...good luck. And he has a witing list a mile long. tHEY don;t run cheap. Theyre huge with massive amounts of resin. basically about $600

At that price I will really have to think about it. But one day I might spring for something like this.

Latest posts

Back