Working with Model Master Metalizers [Vid]

RocketSilo

I finally got my videos done on how I work with Model Master Metalizers.

Hope this is useful to someone who is curious about them or to someone who might be having issues with them.

I have used them extensively over the years on my scale flying missiles and rockets , and kind of settled on what works for me and what doesn't .Same techniques work with static models , not much difference if any.

The biggest issue some may have is trying to squash it thru a extra fine needled airbrush ,, than trying to "fix" it with thinner.. if a very fine line or some type of misy fading result is desired , than try to utilize any myriad of hard/soft masking techniques.or use a product that would be more useful in achieving the desired result the paints will degrade rapidly when thinned down... than it's all down hill from there.
*** this is the way it works for me ,, results may vary.

as always- comment please.

Airbrushing Metalizer Pt 1

Airbrushing Metalizer Pt 2

Metalizer Instructions-
http://www.hobbyplace.com/tools/MetalizerInstructions.php

Klaus Raddatz's tips on using the Paasche H for metalizers-
http://www.scaleautomag.com/~/link.aspx?_id=198BC143D3364F65BE215D633FE2AA55&...

Thank you for making this!

I only have one question: What do you use for a thinner to clean up after you are done?

Thank you for telling me this, I need to get some of that mythical laquer thinner.

And since you got me started on that createx cleaner, my air brush has not once been broken down for a deep cleaning. Good stuff!

Thanks RocketSilo,

Interesting way you done this.
I've had bad experiences with Metalizers before (Testors and Humbrol). As a result I avoid metal finishes, however I'm now tempted to try again after seeing this.

Do you seal your finishes afterwards ?
I've heard people using a Metalizer sealing coat afterwards.

nope ... no sealer..it handles fine without it

however if your doing a large surface , like a p51-mustang, I imagine sealer will be beneficial

Excellent tips and videos mate. I have never used metalizers but if this is what you can expect from them then I can see me using them in the future.

Cheers
Jim

RocketSilo,

Thanks for the vids I'm getting ready to metalize some parts and your vids really took the scare factor down. I have never used any metalizers before but want to try it. My plastic aluminum slots thank you.

Yes, thank you very much rocket man! I've had a P51 for almost two years. I want a NM finish but wasn't really sure how to go about it. After watching your videos, I think I should be able to pull it off. So happy this got bumped back up. Thanks again!!

Thanks for doing up the videos and posting them Rocketsilo. Very helpful. :)

Thanks guys ... I thought this was lost to the archives...lol ... hope it works for everyone or I'm in trouble now.. :D

Latest posts

Back