[WIP] Tamiya T72 M1 Russian Tank 1:35

I'm just gonna do some quick segments on this...maybe. Not sure. I've got the Spitfire in the video oven.

After the Spitfire I'm gonna build my King Tiger for the show. While I building that I'll have a 1:48 Huey on the go.

I think I'll have 2 builds on the go from now on. One for the show and one as a build here. It's seeming to keep me interested by switching back and forth a bit.

Just received my copy from HLJ. They had a big sale on Tamiya kits again!

Scott, this kit looks great even in the box.... And not overly complicated... A smart move

Compared to all those over engineered kits out there.....

If those were used in Kosovo or Bosnia or such it could look good on my trailer??

Keep us updated!

Norm.

Yeah, it sure is nice. I've switched back to the Spitfire for a while. Gonna wrap that one up and then continue on the tank.

Too much work, makes Scott a "Doll Boy". Spelling mis. Inten.

Any new development on the T-72? Scott? I know you are crazy busy! But it's been a while since your last post!

Here are a couple pics of one I did a couple years ago for a group build on Armorama.

Its more weathered then what the pics show but even then I kept it to a minimim. Its one of my favorite builds. I just love the look of this beast. I used an Eduard ZOOM PE set on it. i think it was maybe about 5-6 pieces total.

Jeff

models002.jpg

models001.jpg

Really nice! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to start painting mine! All buit!
And base coated, but this picture sure helps making my mind on how to proceed!

Thanks guys,

I almost destroyed this thing when I was building it. I had the turret sitting on the desk with that long 125mm gun hanging over the side. I knocked it hard with my hand and sent it twirling in the air, off the wall and then to the floor below. (Which I guess is about right as during the Gulf War it was well noted that when hit its turret would blow sky high into the air. I believe it was nicknamed the Jack in the Box because of this.) But I digress. I broke a few things, lost some of the smoke dischargers etc. After alot of time talking nice to the carpet monster I found everything and managed to piece it back together. Lesson learned.

The part that took me the most time to paint were the side skirts. They are made of a rubber material. I hand painted them flat black and then sprayed the higher spots with Tamiya NATO black to give some contrast.

Anyways...I didn't mean to hijack this thread. Just wanted to share.

Cheers
Jeff

No worries Jeff. I you have more photos they would look great in the gallery.

You can email them to gallery(AT)scalemodeladdict.com

Here are a few pics of today's progress. Getting all the fiddly bits on the turret - pretty nuts. The smoke canisters were/are tricky. I don't think they're aligned quite right either...

Really enjoying this though - it's a different vibe than sci-fi.

One question. That seam at the back of the turret, where the bottom piece connects - I should fill that right?

Almost time for paint. I figure about 2 more building sessions.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Scott Girvan said:
One question. That seam at the back of the turret, where the bottom piece connects - I should fill that right?

Almost time for paint. I figure about 2 more building sessions.

Yes... Smooth it out! And add ome texture to it.... Don't go too nuts on it most of it
Is covered by the big tool boxes you haven't glued on yet!

Nice going! You are farther than me.... Should be easy to catch up.... But I rather let you
Finish first!

See you soon!

Yeah, that seam wouldn't be on the vehicle.....

That is the Tamiya kit? I have that kit in the stash here as well....had no idea Tamiya botched the turret like that on it. I knew it wasn't that accurate of a kit of the T72, but had no idea they laid the parts out like that for the turret....WTH were they thinking?

Latest posts

Back