What vallejo paints would be best for this camouflage?

ahmed malik

cv90_3.jpg

i was thinking olive drab, black grey and black mixture and something for the bright one... ::) any suggestions
or maybe even another colour scheme.

it's a cv90-40c by Hobbyboss btw

I had a look at my Academy one which has that scheme on the cover and in the instructions, however they don't tell you the colors on the painting guide.

Best I can tell is Black, Dark Green and Russian Green, however I think Russian Green would be too dark for the lighter green on it. Also looked in my Hobby Boss one with the up-armor, but it is only solid white UN markings, and solid green.

If I had to make a guess, I would say the lighter green would be Vallejo 942 Light Green, from the bottle at least it looks pretty close.

If you went with Tamiya paints, I would say NATO BLACK NATO GREEN and Flat Light Green.....maybe the JGSDF greens would suit it. I think Khaki Drab comes out rather dark green and unsaturated. I've been researching paints like a madman the past few days.

I had a similar query with NATO colours for a Humvee - The Tamiya M1025

From the Vallejo Model Air
The dark is 71.056 - Black Grey
The light is 71.095 - Pale Green

I didn't have to find the medium green as mine has the brown in it ;D

Just looking up the numbers - the colour chart on the AcrylicosVallejo website is updated, there are more colours than when I bought some and the 71.056 is now called Panzer Dk. Grey (so I hole it's the same as previously called black grey)
I also noticed they have added a NATO Black to the Model Air range.

... and now I have found the colour swatches I painted : I'd say the 71.093 Field Green is pretty close, from your slightly sketchy photo :p

TiM said:
Just looking up the numbers - the colour chart on the AcrylicosVallejo website is updated, there are more colours than when I bought some and the 71.056 is now called Panzer Dk. Grey (so I hole it's the same as previously called black grey)
I also noticed they have added a NATO Black to the Model Air range.

... and now I have found the colour swatches I painted : I'd say the 71.093 Field Green is pretty close, from your slightly sketchy photo :p

Yeah there is about 14-15 new colors coming out in the Model Air range. Supposed to be available sometime in March or so. Earlier in Europe.

Latest posts

Back