What do you have in your Work in Progress queue

Elm City Hobbies said:
Too numerous to mention. I recently did a count on how many I had partially started and it is encroaching on 30 in progress.

Well ECH - I think you just ran away with the leader board. LOL - I'm dying to get my grubby gorrilla hands on to the Galactica kit - my LHS is charging a kidney for one, besides I should finish some more stuff up first...right?

@DXM cool pics - are they from the Dust universe or some other alternate history?

@13aceofspades13 - another one finished, good job man. :)

AT-43 was a game that Rackham put out a few years ago. They stole a bunch of Games Workshop sculptors and started this game.
Here is the history
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT-43

The game was good, great prepainted minis, didn't have to be a painter to play with a painted army, infantry units came with painted alternate heads to customize your units and won game of the year but Rackham had distribution problems for North America, got the starter game here in dribbles and all the lines of miniatures were delayed. All that this did was killed the interest in the game here and eventually the game as a whole died.

I like the look of Dust and history but we will see if it has legs to compete with GW.

JMac said:
That is some list Jdog71.

If you disregard most of the Revell stuff, it knocks it down to a semi-manageable list. Some of them only need final assembly and weathering so they're not too far off. I may force myself to go down the list and finish them one at a time (not bloody likely!)

JMac....what are they charging?

When the kit was first announced, it was going to retail out for about $70, but was pleasantly surprised to find that once they got closer to the release date that the retail came down to $49.50(Canadian). Not sure where you live, so couldn't tell you what the shipping would be. US, via surface, probably less than $10 give or take.

I am taking pics of the kit today for a Sprue Vu which will hopefully be up later today or early tomorrow. I might go one step further and take the parts off the sprue and tape the kit together so people can see what it looks like. Don't normally do that, but it is a fairly simple build.

Some of my "in-progress" kits have been in that status for many years, just never got back to them. Sometimes silly stuff like a Boss429 Mustang....everything was going well, kits was basically complete, just finished painting the body, let the paint cure, start to polish out the paint, got the entire car polished, except for the hood, star on that, and polish through the paint, primer, etc, right to the bare plastic on the hood scoop. Disgusted me so much that the kit has sat in it's box since, which has been going on 4-5yrs now!

AKE said:
I try to work on no more than three projects and one time; one being painted, one being built, and one I'm sick of working on. So...

Painting Wyrd minis
Building Star Wars Speeder Bike
#&%#(&^@!!! Vickers tank

Hehe, I know what you mean, I think the reason I have so many in the backlog is reason #3. I'll start a project, full of enthusiasm, then hit the block and shift into "thinking about it" mode. Till I pull another one out of the stash.

We could probably set up an assembly line someplace, and we each take that piece of the build that we like best. We'd probably crank models out as fast as the glue, putty and paint can cure.

I know for me that "I'm thinking about it" stage is just prior to painting. But as I'm getting more confidence with more type of paint and my airbrush that is improving- I'll find some new "I'm thinking about it" stage.

@ ECH I think about $65 or so.

Latest posts

Back