What do you have in your Work in Progress queue

JMac

cut. glue. paint. repeat.
Hi guys I was just wondering what everyone has on the go in terms of unfinished builds.

I know I'm bad for starting a build, then I hit some kind of delay and then start another, and another, and well another.

Here's a picture of my current WiP. I'm sad to say some have been sitting, part built for years (my Cardassian Galor, and the little SD Gundam). Some are almost done (my Bandai Enterprise - just need decals and some touch-ups where I damaged the pre-painted surfaces). The Me 262 was started just before the BoB GB and really just needs paint.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I've had to start disciplining myself to having just one build on the go at any one time. At my worst I had 12 kits in various states of completion littering my desk.

Only thing seriously in progress is my Mark 3 Viper build.
Like has been mentioned, I try and force myself to concentrate on one at a time

I have three kits in progress: The enterprise nx-01 which I can get back to in about two weeks. A war of the worlds Martian war machine, and an egg shuttle which is almost done.

I've got 3 projects on the go.
First is a Games Workshop Warhammer 40k Orc Deff Dread, full interior in a field salvage diorama. Long term project.
Second is a Ma.k Fireball, working on it now. Needed a break from the Deff Dread.
Third is a repaint of a AT-43 OS-3 Dragomira Walker. That has been a pain in the a$$, I already stripped the walker for the 4th time :mad:

Well, I have the 2 Mustangs in focus, and the Pennsylvania in 1/700, plus Tom Daniel's Red Baron hot rod for a car build over at Agape Modeling, plus 10 of my Resolution Builds from 2008 (I made a resolution that year to work on and finish as many as I could of 12 kits that I had started over the previous 4 years; I finished 2 of them :D ) And 2 Monogram P-36s in 1/72 that I started at this time 2 years ago, almost finished, but a burst hot water heater interrupted things, and I haven't returned to them.

Not to mention a bunch of toy soldiers which are all a couple of nights away from being finished ;)

I don't know about you guys, I hardly have a chance to look at most of the posts with so many members on the forum now. It's kind of nice to get a "slice" of all to very cool projects everyone has on the go. I'm really digging the projects...

<in a joking tone>Well except from you "I've only got one thing on my bench guys" - I'm just really envious of you guys. ;)

@DXM
AT-43 OS-3 Dragomira Walker? Do you have a picture ?

@Baron - cool someone else who has some projects on the books for years also. :D

DXM said:
I've got 3 projects on the go.
First is a Games Workshop Warhammer 40k Orc Deff Dread, full interior in a field salvage diorama. Long term project.
Second is a Ma.k Fireball, working on it now. Needed a break from the Deff Dread.
Third is a repaint of a AT-43 OS-3 Dragomira Walker. That has been a pain in the a$$, I already stripped the walker for the 4th time :mad:

i know how having to re do things feels, it sucks, i remember when i had to re do the Ace Of Spades P-51 for a 3rd time beacuse the nose looked like crap, and the canopy got clue all over it and i was not pleased. i was so frustrated beacuse it took so long to make the first time, but the second time around it was worth it in the end, i came out with a much better product, so dont let it frustrate you it will turn out XD.

I know, repainting can be frustrating.
I started a thread here for the AT-43
http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/forum/index.php/topic,894.0.html

The minis for the game are plastic and are prepainted. The picture is a stock photo but the minis look almost like the pictures when you buy them.
I'll take some photos of the mod I did to the Walker, Like I said in the thread above, we are still moving locations at work and not have much time to do anything.

I try to work on no more than three projects and one time; one being painted, one being built, and one I'm sick of working on. So...

Painting Wyrd minis
Building Star Wars Speeder Bike
#&%#(&^@!!! Vickers tank

AKE said:
I try to work on no more than three projects and one time; one being painted, one being built, and one I'm sick of working on. So...

Painting Wyrd minis
Building Star Wars Speeder Bike
#&%#(&^@!!! Vickers tank

ROTFLMAO!!

Models I want to finish soon:
Dragon Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. D
Dragon Sd. Kfz. 251/2 Ausf. C mit Wurfrahmen 40
Tamiya M1A1 Abrams W/mine plow
Tamiya Ford Mutt with cargo carrier
Tamiya Flakpanzer Mobelwagen
Lindberg Shrimp Boat

Models I want to finish eventually
AMT Snow Speeder
AMT Millennium Falcon
AMT Chrysler 300c
Ialieri SR-71 Blackbird
MPC/Ertl Darth Vader Tie Fighter
MPC/Ert Speeder Bike

Models I'll probably use for parts
Revell A10 Warthog
Revell Carribean Pirate Ship
Revell Corsair F4U-4
Revell Messerschmitt Bf 109G-10
Revell P-38J Lightning
Revell P-61 Black Widow

Quaralane said:
..... I try and force myself to concentrate on one at a time

Im totally with you there, when i start more that one project I can feel a little overwhelmed, i do better work when the focus is on one project. If I get bored or frustrated, I'll do something other than modeling for a while so i dont burn myself out which leads to fewer mistakes.

Currently working on Revell 65 mustang 2+2 fastback, im not really a car guy, but every once in a while I like to try one. I have yet to build one that im satisfied with.

Too numerous to mention. I recently did a count on how many I had partially started and it is encroaching on 30 in progress. Start something, get bored with it, or the shiny newest kit comes out. My problem is I will get something built to where it needs to go to the paint booth, and then things get backed up.

The latest in progress however is an old AMT International Paystar 5000 truck with the recently AMT/Round 2 Logging trailer. I am just going to cut some alders in the back yard for "real" logs on the truck, and the whole thing will weathered to the max to look like something that just came out of the woods.

I have the new Galactic sitting beside me calling my name as well.....unfortunately I think it will end up being #30 in the build que! LOL

my grandpa thinks its funny i always have One to doo... ONE! lol, he gets irritated somtimes!

Latest posts

Back