What do you do with old awards and trophies?

scalebuilderchad

Ohbejuan started a thread to discuss what to do with old models. I thought of a tangent discussion.

I'm not here to toot my own horn, or brag about anything. Please don't take this thread that way. I have been competing in model shows for 5 years now and I have earned a fair share of awards and trophies. And I am wondering what I should do with them. Many of the awards are 8x10 inch plaques. Some are gold, silver, or broze medals. And I have some rather large trophies.

My wife won't let me display them in main living spaces. They need to stay in my hobby room. But my hobby room is a 9x10 foot bedroom. And in that bedroom I have my workbench. Cabinets for raw materials, paints, and tools. A display case for finished models. And I have some photography on what free wall space I have left because I was a professional automotive photographer in my earlier years while I was in college.

What I am getting at is I don't have much space. I mean I could add a shelf higher up on the wall and reposition some photos. And the plaques could be hung on the wall. But where do I go from there? Do I just store them downstairs and not display them?

What do you do?

Ohbejuan started a thread to discuss what to do with old models. I thought of a tangent discussion.

I'm not here to toot my own horn, or brag about anything. Please don't take this thread that way. I have been competing in model shows for 5 years now and I have earned a fair share of awards and trophies. And I am wondering what I should do with them. Many of the awards are 8x10 inch plaques. Some are gold, silver, or broze medals. And I have some rather large trophies.

My wife won't let me display them in main living spaces. They need to stay in my hobby room. But my hobby room is a 9x10 foot bedroom. And in that bedroom I have my workbench. Cabinets for raw materials, paints, and tools. A display case for finished models. And I have some photography on what free wall space I have left because I was a professional automotive photographer in my earlier years while I was in college.

What I am getting at is I don't have much space. I mean I could add a shelf higher up on the wall and reposition some photos. And the plaques could be hung on the wall. But where do I go from there? Do I just store them downstairs and not display them?

What do you do?
I normally wish I had some. Pantherman

I don't think it's an issue separate from the question of where to display your models. It's just part of the requirement for the solution. That is, I would display an award with the specific model that won it. If you wind up with a cabinet or display case, for example, then put the award on the shelf next to the model. If the display space is a wall shelf, and the award is a plaque, hang it on the wall behind the model on the shelf. And so on.

I don't think it's an issue separate from the question of where to display your models. It's just part of the requirement for the solution. That is, I would display an award with the specific model that won it. If you wind up with a cabinet or display case, for example, then put the award on the shelf next to the model. If the display space is a wall shelf, and the award is a plaque, hang it on the wall behind the model on the shelf. And so on.
I want to do that. And I do that with the plaques and medals, but the trophies are too big. There is only about 8" between the shelves in my case.

I supposed I could continue to put the plaques and medals in the case and then mount a shelf on the wall near the case for the trophies.

Latest posts

Back