Watson on Mars

urumomo

Gregory Hawkins Watson
Geologist
Shell Exploration Mars Station " MONTANA "
Hanger 15

Modified Ma.K " Friedrich " from Wave Co.
Laser ---> Rotary Hammer
Panzerfaust ---> Spot-lamp
Brush painted with acrylics over Tamiya lacquer primer .
( won First in " Robot & Mechanical Suit " and " Best of Fictional " @ this last Modelmania in Houston . April 27 , 2019 :) )

AaAWodW.jpg
IALfWAx.jpg
PzLSfFn.jpg
VbHqbwh.jpg
1l35LVm.jpg
j4JFRPe.jpg
8T4NoUG.jpg
bKTIT8J.jpg
3Dqep6j.jpg
nZRwSxy.jpg
fGZ78xZ.jpg
aI3LARv.jpg

Last edited:
Some WIP photos

JWSVlch.jpg

Jczf21P.jpg
jsfrToP.jpg
3S8s4O9.jpg
Ayv2owH.jpg
ZZJlMfj.jpg
NClbVb0.jpg

I found these @ Hobby Lobby .
They worked perfectly for the amber safety beacon and the torch lens .
8 mm diameter .

B37Tpr9.jpg

The yellow needed only a shot of Future mixed with yellow ink to darken it slightly .

lHPDd84.jpg
g16E8wf.jpg
qtkOKHe.jpg
XAO2ku8.jpg
qI6M3eh.jpg

I replaced the plastic hoses with this woven hose sourced from HLJ .
Steel wire inserted to hold the shape .

bnf3JJX.jpg

The clear canopy parts were tinted with repeated dips into Future mixed with sepia flavored ink .

R6Lye9Y.jpg
w4L9mBo.jpg

This was the Friedrich included in the kit I got for the Kuster used for the Hofnarr ,,, in the Modern Snacks thread that evidently didn't survive the rebirth of SMA :(

pOI2wdz.jpg

Last edited:
The base is cut from a chunk of composite decking ( Trex Deck )

1BiPF0r.jpg
HFTlAMt.jpg

Primer'd with Stynylrez
Acrylic top-coats : brushed sides with the deck sprayed through a perforated steel plate

4OHhNhW.jpg
VstyhwH.jpg
nnaKrb8.jpg59IkUlv.jpgtpx1Jnl.jpg2JEjm88.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks !

I wanted only the KUSTER out of this set -- I can't take these style suits seriously as a fighting system . Too bo-bo , IMO .
More believable as an industrial rig .

I saw your post of this in the Maschinen Krieger forum, but it's even better here to see your progress pics, Momo! This is a beautiful conversion!

I built my first Gustav a couple of months ago, the old Nitto kit. I assembled the suit with the pilot separate, so I could paint him. I figured he'd drop right in when the time came. But I found when I tried to fit him in, that he didn't fit between the arm holes! I had to file down the sides of his torso till I could slide him in. Did you find that with this kit, or did Wave engineer it better?

Thanks , Baron .
I dry-fit the pilot during assembly to check and left those interior shoulder sections loose and closed them into place after he was affixed -- before the canopy parts were placed .

Top notch!
Reference material.

Its a must to do something about the rubber tubes on these like you did here.

Latest posts

Back