W.I.P. - Moebius 1/32 BSG Colonial Viper MKII

Quaralane said:
Sorry to see that it's still happening.
And I regret not warning you about it.

For the ones where I painted the stripes, I would up cutting the emblems out of the stripe markings. Those, apparently, aren't translucent.

Right, that's exactly what I did. They have a bit of a "roundel" kind of look to them right now but that's nothing a bit of weathering won't take care of.
dsc0002sqw.jpg

The decals for this thing are a bit of a bear. They're pretty brittle and Micro-Sol eats right through them; Micro-Set works well, though. It's funny that the solo marking wasn't printed over a white background the way the integrated marking was.

That's looking really cool SC. Man, this build is making me consider this kit. Nice work.

Nice fix with the decals. This is looking really, reallly sharp!! Cool stuff. 8)

Still fighting with the decals. I was wondering why I saw several builds of this kit with missing markings; particularly the wing emblems which seem like a pretty glaring detail to overlook... now I know. Oh, well... live and learn.

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words of encouragement.

I will most likely get one of these.... I was impressed with the Mk VII and looking forward to the painting stage...

you did a great save on that Yellow Decal ! sad to hear they didn't do their homework.... or at least give us a White decal to place on before the Yellow... which would have solved a lot of problems....

would not be the first Decal on Decal job I have done.... Roundels wise !

Keep up the good work....

Norm.

What beauty! Really nice stuff there Splash. I like how she's a little bit scorched on one side, like she's manoeuvered around an explosion. Very cool.

Igard said:
What beauty! Really nice stuff there Splash. I like how she's a little bit scorched on one side, like she's manoeuvered around an explosion. Very cool.

Thanks, everyone.
Thanks for that, Igard, that's exactly what I was going for. It was a bit of a cover-up actually; the wing insignia decal on that side got destroyed while I was applying it and I needed a reasonable excuse for its absence.

Latest posts

Back