Voting ???

Bizarre said:
I just checked my stash - 8 boxes, not 9 as I wrote previously :)

See? You're building them so fast, the numbers are dropping all the time! Better get down the store and buy more kits!! FAST before you run out!!!! ;D

no, my plan is not to order new kits until I finish the stash :) Only prizes, gifts and review items are allowed.

ive got 5 or 6 boxes in the corner, but I do mainly warhammer 40k stuff so each bix has between 10 and 40 models in each..lol, fortunatly for me since I started doing commision painting my hobby pays for itself now.

have a grand total of ZERO kits, i do not have a stash, and i am sure i am not the only one... LOL!

You're not the only one. I have zero model kits as well. I do have a few boxes of Orcs & Goblins I am slowly working through for my next Warhammer Fantasy army, but that's it.

Every time I hit the hobby store I see a dozen new things I would love to build. But no money..sigh.

I've got 41 kits in the stash not including the six under construction. And 37 of those are 1/48 scale WWII aircraft. See a pattern? ;)

Years ago I had between 200 and 300 kits most of which were 1/72 WWII aircraft. I sold that all off a long time ago though.

A lot has changed since them. The big thing being that the kits are so much better and keep getting better. It really doesn't make sense to me to have a large stash in this day and age. How many times have you heard of people having a kit with all the aftermarket stuff and then out comes a new kit that has just as much detail with less work and possibly less cost. That's a problem we didn't used to have. If you're not going to build it soon don't buy it, chances are a better one is coming down the pike.

Just my $1.98 ;D

So would any of you guys describe yourselves as 'hoarders'?

Of course, that's an addiction in and of itself. ;)

sorien said:
have a grand total of ZERO kits, i do not have a stash, and i am sure i am not the only one... LOL!

You're not the only one. I have zero model kits as well. I do have a few boxes of Orcs & Goblins I am slowly working through for my next Warhammer Fantasy army, but that's it.

Every time I hit the hobby store I see a dozen new things I would love to build. But no money..sigh.

a Tamiya 1:32 scale P-51D Mustang, with all the after market parts, just a dream right now...

Elm City Hobbies said:
Not so much disposable income here....just too darn easy to get what you want when you run a hobby shop and get your own stash at cost.

Have slowed down a bit, and need to go through the stash and peel off some I know I will never build....but still, the stash is somewhere between 600-700 kits, plus PE and resin addons and conversions.

Not bragging, but I put the Addict in Scale Model Addict.

yes, you have easy access to your fixes... and work with them all the time XD

I got 15 in the stash... Not large, but with majority being 1:72 WW2 aircraft, and some real big 1:24 WW2 planes, I'm set for a while, I want to build all this up then just buy kits as they take my fancy. A dream would be to build some of these superkits, but also a 1:32 Sufa with all the AM, and a 1:48 Canberra with all the AM would be WONDERFUL! Also some of them WnW kits look pretty sweet!

Igard said:

Hmmmm.... my wife refers to me as a hoarder. I tend to think of myself more as a collector. I am not buying stuff just to hoard it. I intend on building them. It would just take a really really really long time to build every kit I own. I am not sure how many kits I do have. Maybe on the next contest, I could contribute some prizes ;D

ModelMakerMike said:
Igard said:
Hmmmm.... my wife refers to me as a hoarder. I tend to think of myself more as a collector. I am not buying stuff just to hoard it. I intend on building them. It would just take a really really really long time to build every kit I own. I am not sure how many kits I do have. Maybe on the next contest, I could contribute some prizes ;D
But if we consider to build all of the kits in our stash and I think we do (at least I plan to) we plan to have a very long life ;D

so, quick question completly off topic. Has my thread here become the longest running and most popular on the site?...lol its hilarious how one little question I asked a couple months ago turned in to this. I hope it keeps going once we get all the prize stuff out of the way and we can discuss the different pieces.

Ive got about 22(that what the spread sheet says ) im guessing +-4

But buying is all stopped Except 1 project that i have that i must find the correct kit but im in no hurry

These days i mostly try to get some AM stuff for the next project or two on the bench

O.k. guys. Lets all gather arond in a circle and tell each other our names, how many kits we have in our stash, how long we've been and addict and what do we do to recover. I'll start.

Hi every body. Thank you all for attendING. My name is John. I build 1/48th, 1/32 and 1/35th helicopters.
As for how many kits I have. Well...uh....I've lost count. :-[ Well, you see, I returned to model building in 2006. Slowly increasing my inventroy. I recently obtained some actual helicopter display models that the helicopter companies used to sell back in the 70's and 80's. They were Sikorsky, Bell, Hughes and Boing Vertol. I knew the owner that used to beuild these models in my home town for the aircraft companys and he went out of business. A friend of mine bought the building and allo the stuff had to go. Well, I asked the model owner how much for the model kits, and he said $2 each. Well, I have several garbage bags full. As for the actual off the shelf kits. Well, I lost count. I had many kits given to me and obtained some off of ebay at garage sale prices. I couldn't pass it up. It was a deal of a life time. They were calling out to me. They needed a home. and....and...then I found Scale Model Addict. You guys encouraged me to build a shelf for all my paints and supplies. :'( The support was overwhelming. That meant I had to get organised. It made more room on my bench to do more models and increase my efficiency. :) And then I started to ware an orange hat. And then, and then, I felt the love and the acceptance. 8) I'm not alone after all.
YOU GUYS!! I LOVE YA MAN!!!

Hi my name is Larry and im an Addict, I started painting miniatures about a year ago and its gotten progresivly worse, I started with a small group I bought off ebay and evolved in to me staying up till the wee hours of the morning on google plus with a large group of fellow addicts painting miniatures. Its gotten so bad Ive started painting other peoples miniatures just so I can get my fix. How do I plan to break myself of my addiction? IM NOT...hahahahahahaha......got paint gota paint gota paint....hahahahahahahaha.....my precious little model....my precious......

IBCRAZY8220 said:
Hi my name is Larry and im an Addict,

HI LARRY

IBCRAZY8220 said:
I started painting miniatures about a year ago and its gotten progresivly worse, I started with a small group I bought off ebay and evolved in to me staying up till the wee hours of the morning on google plus with a large group of fellow addicts painting miniatures. Its gotten so bad Ive started painting other peoples miniatures just so I can get my fix. How do I plan to break myself of my addiction? IM NOT...hahahahahahaha......got paint gota paint gota paint....hahahahahahahaha.....my precious little model....my precious......

ALRIGHT BROTHER, ALRIGHT! IT'S O.K., LET IT OUT...LET IT OUT. (clapping)

hi my name is Dan, they just call me Ace, i am addicted to scale modeling, but i ran out of money to fund my addiction fix. i am here, beacuse now i am going through withdraws, and i need some moral support to get me through these hard times ;D

i have 0 kits in my stash, and 0 WIPs and i have recently found i am not the only one, so that makes me feel better, but at least i can feed my flying fix with flight simulators, though i have only flown once in my entire life :p.

i rely on my higher power to get through these tough times (No joke here! this sucks.) and i always will say there is probably someone out there a lot worse off than me, someone who has not graced there fingers across styrene in years... someone who every night, has a scale modeling withdraw seasure, and that is they only way they can sleep at night... :D

Airmedical said:
O.k. guys. Lets all gather arond in a circle and tell each other our names, how many kits we have in our stash, how long we've been and addict and what do we do to recover. I'll start.

Hi every body. Thank you all for attendING. My name is John. I build 1/48th, 1/32 and 1/35th helicopters.
As for how many kits I have. Well...uh....I've lost count. :-[ Well, you see, I returned to model building in 2006. Slowly increasing my inventroy. I recently obtained some actual helicopter display models that the helicopter companies used to sell back in the 70's and 80's. They were Sikorsky, Bell, Hughes and Boing Vertol. I knew the owner that used to beuild these models in my home town for the aircraft companys and he went out of business. A friend of mine bought the building and allo the stuff had to go. Well, I asked the model owner how much for the model kits, and he said $2 each. Well, I have several garbage bags full. As for the actual off the shelf kits. Well, I lost count. I had many kits given to me and obtained some off of ebay at garage sale prices. I couldn't pass it up. It was a deal of a life time. They were calling out to me. They needed a home. and....and...then I found Scale Model Addict. You guys encouraged me to build a shelf for all my paints and supplies. :'( The support was overwhelming. That meant I had to get organised. It made more room on my bench to do more models and increase my efficiency. :) And then I started to ware an orange hat. And then, and then, I felt the love and the acceptance. 8) I'm not alone after all.
YOU GUYS!! I LOVE YA MAN!!!

if i may say something... i remember when i started wearing a orange hat, in fact thats what i was known for in school, people would ask me what it meant, i would tell them it was scale model addict, they didn't know, it made me feel so alone, but i could always come here... and everyone could understand. LOL!

Latest posts

Back