Unwrapping

:)

Yippee it worked, thanks for the help guys!

To my Secret Santa over there in New Brunswick -- THANK YOU SCOTT!!!!
This baby has been on top of my I-just-gotta-build-me-one-a-them list since I followed your build thread of one right here on SMA. Pretty sure it won't be as sweet as yours when I'm done, but I'll shoot for something close. Man I am so stoked! You ROCK brother!
Not only have I never built anything in Isreali service but I've never built a Sherman either! Double virgin whammy! Oh boy, so-so looking forward to diving into this.
Merry, merry Christmas to you & yours Scott. May good fortune be your wingman.

You can also use the preview button right next to the post button to check to see if your post is the way you want and then go back and edit if you have to.

see attached:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks Ken. I'm going to have to get better at this if I'm going to spend much more time here. I see the pics of the other builds and I feel somewhat guilty for not sharing any of mine. Thanks for the help and the patience.

Bullet21 said:
Had a bear of a time getting photobucket to load, don't know why as I have an account but let me try again.
SMASecretSanta2012.jpg
I'll post it then go see if the pic went. I'll add a comment after I'm sure it went.

Yippee it worked, thanks for the help guys!

To my Secret Santa over there in New Brunswick -- THANK YOU SCOTT!!!!
This baby has been on top of my I-just-gotta-build-me-one-a-them list since I followed your build thread of one right here on SMA. Pretty sure it won't be as sweet as yours when I'm done, but I'll shoot for something close. Man I am so stoked! You ROCK brother!
Not only have I never built anything in Isreali service but I've never built a Sherman either! Double virgin whammy! Oh boy, so-so looking forward to diving into this.
Merry, merry Christmas to you & yours Scott. May good fortune be your wingman.

Awesome, glad you like it. Wasn't sure if it was your thing, but fantastic to know that you are happy with it.

That is a sweet kit and being a Tammy, it's gonna build up real nice I would have to assume!!! Nice Job Scott!!! Have fun bullet!!

Got home today to find a package on the front porch addressed to me from Santa. I ran inside like a little kid and found this:

IMAG0720.jpg

For someone just starting out in sci-fi kits this is quite the hall. The package did not contain a name so to my Secret Santa from Florida, whoever you are, thank you very much. Its very much appreciated. Im looking forward to starting on these, especially Slave 1 :)

Well, it certainly seems like we are a bunch of happy addicts these past few weeks!!! Great job SMA!!!

Mine came yesterday. Santa thinks I've been more good than bad because he sent me 2 kits:

SecretSanta2012.jpg

He must have taken pity on me trying to ressurect my old Monogram Mig-29, and it's my first Gundam! Thank you Santa!

arohk said:
It really is a cool kit honestly I never heard of Wingnut kits before, I did find a cool site where they have great pics of a restoration of this aircraft so I will be using it for reference.

Wingnut Wings is "pet project" of Peter Jackson's (not sure if anyone has heard of him, he did a bunch of movies about some short feller who had to bring a magic ring to a volcano or something ;)), he's a huge WWI aircraft buff and restorer of said aircraft. Supposedly he's amassed so much info and created so many hi res files of his subjects that creating the models became more of a 'Why not?" Plus since he's not doing it for the money, the instruction "manuals" are a sight to behold! I remember when WW first popped up out of nowhere, they were offering free shipping from NZ! I don't know if they still do that but dang!

Grumpy Popeye said:
arohk said:
It really is a cool kit honestly I never heard of Wingnut kits before, I did find a cool site where they have great pics of a restoration of this aircraft so I will be using it for reference.

Wingnut Wings is "pet project" of Peter Jackson's (not sure if anyone has heard of him, he did a bunch of movies about some short feller who had to bring a magic ring to a volcano or something ;)), he's a huge WWI aircraft buff and restorer of said aircraft. Supposedly he's amassed so much info and created so many hi res files of his subjects that creating the models became more of a 'Why not?" Plus since he's not doing it for the money, the instruction "manuals" are a sight to behold! I remember when WW first popped up out of nowhere, they were offering free shipping from NZ! I don't know if they still do that but dang!

Well it's a little more than just a pet project for Sir Peter Jackson, director of King Kong, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit and many others.
He is a big WWI aviation buff and is said to own most of the surviving collection of aircraft used in the movie The Blue Max.
He owns The Vintage Aviator, a company dedicated to building and restoring WWI aircraft for museums and collectors.
He also owns Wingnut Wings as he is an avid modeler as well.
So Wingnut Wings works closely with The Vintage Aviator for references and photos that are used in the instruction book in the kits.

I opened my Secret Santa gift today and found these:

IMG_20121211_131048.jpg
IMG_20121211_131040.jpgIMG_20121211_131103.jpg

I will do a full review soon, and hopefully give building a tank a go!

Grendels that's a nice one.
Tamiya tanks are very good and easy to build.
you're going to love it.

Latest posts

Back