U gonna wanna build this U-Boat

This is my first ICM kit and it looks pretty nice. Couple different options for conning towers depending on which U-boat you want. I'll be doing U-23.

View attachment 112365
I have done a few of their kit's, the instructions are a bit vague sometimes. I often look ahead on the sheets to check I have fitted the part in the correct place. Pantherman

That looks awesome.

I got my hull primed last night. I screwed up some. Was wondering why primer wasn’t going on right. After the 1st rd I realized I added thinner to primer like I was painting. ‍

I have a few spots I need to touch up…..this time without thinner.

IMG_1123.jpeg

IMG_1124.jpeg

That looks awesome.

I got my hull primed last night. I screwed up some. Was wondering why primer wasn’t going on right. After the 1st rd I realized I added thinner to primer like I was painting. ‍

I have a few spots I need to touch up…..this time without thinner.

View attachment 112377

View attachment 112378
I have gone the other way and started working on the interior first. Thought I'd get that finished and fitted, then mask it off so I can concentrate on the outer hull and features. Also, I noticed alot of small parts that I am bound to knock off and loose. Pantherman

Here is what I am going to build, the Mikro Mir 1/350 scale Soviet Papa class sub.

53452858309_62a7a173de_b.jpg

53451612237_c7b15bbdc0_b.jpg

This was the fastest submarine of the Cold War. Twin screw, twin reactor, reached speeds of 47 knots submerged. The reactors were never run at 100% power, at about 97.3% the boat shuddered, vibrated, and made a lot of unsettling noises and was not pushed beyond that point. It was very noisy, thus easy to track, but NATO had nothing that could catch up to it.

Here is what I am going to build, the Mikro Mir 1/350 scale Soviet Papa class sub.

View attachment 112389

View attachment 112390

This was the fastest submarine of the Cold War. Twin screw, twin reactor, reached speeds of 47 knots submerged. The reactors were never run at 100% power, at about 97.3% the boat shuddered, vibrated, and made a lot of unsettling noises and was not pushed beyond that point. It was very noisy, thus easy to track, but NATO had nothing that could catch up to it.
Nice. Pantherman

Finally got the deck on. With the deck being a little warped I had to put pressure on the deck at the same time pinching the hull.
I also installed the antenna wires, aft and bow.

There is some parts with flash so that will take some time to clean that up.

So far this has been a fun model to build.

20240109_233157.jpg

20240109_233202.jpg

20240109_233232.jpg

Back