U gonna wanna build this U-Boat

Right now we are waiting on my roofer to give me a date to come out. He said within next week or two. Insurance denied claim earlier this week. I fought it through our agent and he said it could take them 60 days to review and make decision. He has no idea how they would deny it in the first place. Their "adjustor" claims in his report the leak is from roof not being installed correctly. Didn't take any pics. My roofer came out took pics and wrote up detailed report. Agent says it should be approved.

Regardless, we have to drop a pretty penny to get it fixed now waiting on their slow asses.
That is very frustrating! Insurance can be such a scam. We pay our money to them and they act like Scrooge with it.

Foot surgery went well, just heading home now to spend a lot of time working on my sub. I am liking this kit.
Glad to have you back on the bench, Mike.
I'm glad your surgery went well. I hope you have quick healing.
Take it nice and easy, brother.

Gary

Started doing the decals as they need fitting prior to assembly. Slightly messed up the middle decals in the coning tower so I might paint them over later on depending on what you can see when it's all together. Pantherman
View attachment 112395View attachment 112396View attachment 112397
Got a little bit more done. The Revell interior version is very slow as you have to keep jumping from building to painting, gloss and decals then assembly for every section.
It's a nice kit but the instructions are not that great so you have to keep looking forward to see what goes where and what colour it needs to be. Pantherman20240113_223115.jpg20240113_223120.jpg20240113_223133.jpg20240113_223138.jpg20240113_223143.jpg20240113_223215.jpg

Got a little bit more done. The Revell interior version is very slow as you have to keep jumping from building to painting, gloss and decals then assembly for every section.
It's a nice kit but the instructions are not that great so you have to keep looking forward to see what goes where and what colour it needs to be. PanthermanView attachment 112526View attachment 112527View attachment 112528View attachment 112529View attachment 112530View attachment 112531
Just dry fitted the hull and deck plates and I'm fairly happy with it. Got to start thinking about how to light this little devil up. PM

20240113_230319.jpg

I am almost done with assembly and then on to paint. While this kit is decent, there are some things I don't like. First, each periscope is 2 pieces and is a pain to get straight. Second, the AA guns are supposed to have shouldering mounts on the back but the kit only came with the parts for one gun and not both. Plus those mounts are 3 very tiny pieces. I feel that the periscope should be molded in one piece and those mounts on the guns should be molded on the guns and it was done as separate pieces to increase part count. Still, I wouldn't hesitate to build this kit again. It is a nice kit.

20240114_154307.jpg

20240114_154328.jpg

Man I am slacking. Life events has kept me from working on mine. We just had some bad storms come through that damaged our roof. So dealing with insurance adjustor and roofing inspections has taken up my time.
How's the sub coming along? You might just need it if you're roof doesn't get sorted soon. Seriously though, hope things are getting fixed quickly for you and yours. Pantherman

Latest posts

Back