U gonna wanna build this U-Boat

Was thinking about a display base with a name plate after I'm finished. Do you guys have any recommendations on where to look?

My suggestion would be going to Lowe's or Home Depot get a small shelf or a ½" X 4" with a routered edges if not, round off the top edges with a palm sander or hand sand. Then stain and varnish. Use a couple of dowels drilled into the base and in the bottom of the sub.
Since your doing the cutaway kit, maybe paint the dowel the same interior color so that it blends inside.

This pic is what I find throughout the internet search.

ssbn-737-2-400x296.jpg

My suggestion would be going to Lowe's or Home Depot get a small shelf or a ½" X 4" with a routered edges if not, round off the top edges with a palm sander or hand sand. Then stain and varnish. Use a couple of dowels drilled into the base and in the bottom of the sub.
Since your doing the cutaway kit, maybe paint the dowel the same interior color so that it blends inside.

This pic is what I find throughout the internet search.

View attachment 111493

I thought about doing my own since I already have my wood working tools. I did find a site that you can buy the stands to put the sub on. I had just seen some pics of very nice bases with LED lighting and nameplates. I was just curious if there was a go-to site/company for modelers. My search was pretty fruitless.

I got the same kit for this build.
Yay! Twinsies! Lol! :p :D

It came in this huge amazon box. I thought to myself, "did I order the 1/72?"
1/144 is a decent scale. There is no way I have room for a 4 foot sub.
I put a few figures in the ebay cart to add later.

As soon as everyone has their kit, what date should we decide to start on?

I’m good anytime, have several kits, I ordered some 3D printed props for a couple that should arrive today, but as the are the last things added I am not worried.

Latest posts

Back