U gonna wanna build this U-Boat

Disregard my below question. Wife said she likes the open side U-Boat.

I'm about to order the kit. I was looking at the instruction sheet and it has two decal options. Are we just picking what decal option as a group or deciding on our own which to go with?

Last edited:

I'm about to order the kit. I was looking at the instruction sheet and it has two decal options. Are we just picking what decal option as a group or deciding on our own which to go with?
The boss is always right, even when she's wrong. You just do whatever decal you like, or not. No hard and fast rules with the group, just go for it. Pantherman

Is that a 1/144 scale? If so it’s the same kit I ordered for $43
I think it might be the same. But it asks for $15. For shipping and a later date for delivery and with tax it came out around $ 44.00. I shopped around, and found one just now for 31.00. It was listed for 43.00.
I should get it by the 4th. I also ordered the Eduard PE sheets, Eduard 17022 1/144 Ship- U-Boat VIID for RVL. I think they'll fit If not no big deal, I'll just send it back and build OOB.

Whichever decals you want to do is up to you This build is a virtual free build.
I think you'lll find we are a super chill group.

This one is for you Pantherman, :D
Remember the movie Operation Petticoat?
Tony Curtis and Cary Grant.
They had a pink submarine lol
I thought you'd get a kick out of this.:-þ

download.jpeg

images (8).jpeg

download (1).jpeg

images (10).jpeg

images (9).jpeg

This would not be too difficult. You can see it’s carved from 2” insulation foam.
It would actually be an interesting project.
When I get around to doing this build I will not make a chaotic sea, even though I believe the Atlantic is a rougher ocean than the Pacific.
I will try for a few large ripples cascading over the bow portion and after portion of the tower.
Of course I will be doing a lot of practice runs.

I have looked at Lowe's and Home Depot and all I can find is the ½" blue styro. I may order online.

Last edited:
This one is for you Pantherman, :D
Remember the movie Operation Petticoat?
Tony Curtis and Cary Grant.
They had a pink submarine lol
I thought you'd get a kick out of this.:-þ

View attachment 111301

View attachment 111302

View attachment 111303

View attachment 111304

View attachment 111305
I have been thinking about doing that as a little side project, you have just spoilt my surprise.
As you know I always try to find a pink alternative to the main build just for a laugh. Pantherman

Latest posts

Back