U gonna wanna build this U-Boat

Looks like I'll be drawing the swastika onto the flag.

View attachment 111516

What is the size of the flags? I found a Belgium site that possibly sells them. It's not a decal but actual cloth flags.

WW II German Nazi flags, correct type WW II.
- Flag dimensions : 63 x 38 mm (2x) Kriegsmarine (I think this would be the one)
- Flag dimensions : 43 x 26 mm (2x) Nationalflagge
- Flag dimensions : 38 x 22 mm (2x) Hitlerjugend
- Flag dimensions : 28 x 28 mm (2x) Luftwaffe
- Flag dimensions : 28 x 19 mm (2x) Parteiflagge

May want to look around more. The shipping is €33 to the states. More that the €13 price.

Last edited:
Ok, Damien, when you get your kit and are ready, just let us know, I'll start with you.

Those who want to start, crack open your kit and start. :)
I will probably have a look over the kit and instructions this weekend. Might make a start if I can't resist. Pantherman

What is the size of the flags? I found a Belgium site that possibly sells them. It's not a decal but actual cloth flags.

WW II German Nazi flags, correct type WW II.
- Flag dimensions : 63 x 38 mm (2x) Kriegsmarine (I think this would be the one)
- Flag dimensions : 43 x 26 mm (2x) Nationalflagge
- Flag dimensions : 38 x 22 mm (2x) Hitlerjugend
- Flag dimensions : 28 x 28 mm (2x) Luftwaffe
- Flag dimensions : 28 x 19 mm (2x) Parteiflagge

May want to look around more. The shipping is €33 to the states. More that the €13 price.
Too expensive for me

With this kit, is anyone contemplating on drilling out the drain holes?
If so, how would you drill out the rectangle ports?

Screenshot_20240105_222133_Gallery.jpg

I don't believe the PE sheets I ordered is going to fit this kit, I'll know by tomorrow. If not I'll be building OOB. This kit has pretty good details and being a newish kit –2006 there shouldn't be much flash or mishaps for me.

I don't believe the PE sheets I ordered is going to fit this kit, I'll know by tomorrow. If not I'll be building OOB. This kit has pretty good details and being a newish kit –2006 there shouldn't be much flash or mishaps for me.
I opened the box and I don’t see any flash on any of the sprues.
Looks like a really nice kit.

I did a little research as to why there isn't a swastika on the flag of the Revell kit. In short it is illegal in some countries to display or have a swastika.

Research: The ban, is applicable to certain countries whose laws prevent the display of this symbol which is perceived as a hate crime or of a political party that has been deemed criminal, evil and unacceptable. Some websites will display a model bearing such markings but by law they must edit the images to block or remove them...usually these sites are based in those places where it is illegal to display said markings.

I did a little research as to why there isn't a swastika on the flag of the Revell kit. In short it is illegal in some countries to display or have a swastika.

Research: The ban, is applicable to certain countries whose laws prevent the display of this symbol which is perceived as a hate crime or of a political party that has been deemed criminal, evil and unacceptable. Some websites will display a model bearing such markings but by law they must edit the images to block or remove them...usually these sites are based in those places where it is illegal to display said markings.
Yeah, I often get the decals with bits cut from them for that very reason. Especially from amazon. Pantherman

Latest posts

Back