Trumpeter 1/32 P-47-11-RE Razorback

Some more progress guys,

Just a few shots to take you through my paining process. As you all have probably guessed....I like heavy weathering.

I used white tac to mask an irregular line between my 2 colours.

IMG_3180.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

I used Tamiya XF-61 Dark green thinned 60 thinner, 40 paint.

IMG_3185.jpg

IMG_3187.jpg

Some manual chipping, you must do this within an hour of painting or it will be cured and cause you problems.

IMG_3188.jpg

IMG_3190.jpg

I find the chips look to scale anyways. I'll of course have some more to do through the decals later on.

IMG_3192.jpg

So I'll do a coat of future and finish the stripes on the tail and fuselage.

Back in a bit.......

Well it was a long day of masking and painting but I feel I made some real progress. Unfortunately I pinged off one of my guns but at least was able to locate it.

IMG_3193.jpg

I had a bad time with these, I was wishing I had some jammy dog tape.....

IMG_3195-1.jpg

IMG_3194.jpg

The light kind of grabbed the white in this shot but those stripes are actually more subdued than what you see.

If I have time I'll be decaling tommorrow.

Quick Update, Decals are on and started to work on stores and the gear.

IMG_3201.jpg

IMG_3207.jpg
[/img]

very classy work Ialarmu, thank you very much for taking the time to share the steps. Really liking that about this forum in that you can see various genre builds in one flick through.

Was just at a Scale Aviation event here in Tokyo on Monday and am actually pretty fired up to do a plane kit and you've been an inspiration too.

Cheers,

Linc

Some tests:
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

OK, so I can add these images. Not sure why yours didn't work Dave. Maybe the link was misspelled. Try again and let me know how it turns out.

This bird's completed, I've sent final photo's in for the "all open" category for the "Big Contest".

Latest posts

Back