The One I Have Been Waiting for

Its ok. I just need to calm down before I do something that screws this thing up.
LOL.
No sweat right. It’s a hobby. We’ve done that one.
It’s a admirable pursuit, trying to upgrade a previous build. Lots of work sometimes, but really a labor of love.
A tip of the hat.

So idea... the CA is mostly holding the nacelle on the inboard side of the pylon. So taking my panel scriber to it. Not gonna do more tonight, and think I may wait till the weekend so I can calm down, but I think it will come loose once I cut through that glue.

Course I still have the issue of getting at the wires once down inside the hull... buut I might be able to get a long pair of foreceps in there.

I had a similar problem but more related to having to grab and pull an LED forward enough to replace an LED that should have been a warm white color to light the galley in the rear wall of the hangar bay. I had installed a cool white LED in error. Also, somehow the wires had gotten jammed into the bottom of the tab slot by one of the the pylons.
Anyway, I had to reach thru from the front of the secondary hull towards the aft end in just before reaching the rear wall of the hangar bay, grab the wires, and pull them out far enough to reach the LED and snip it off before soldering in a new warm white LED. with my soldering Iron. What did I do? I bought a pair of long-handled forceps!
So you and I arrived at the same solution for a different problem it seems. I hope this works for you since what Urimomo describes should work if you can reach in far enough.

9033550351_ec894dc295_c.jpg
IMG_4434 by Steve J, on Flickr

Last edited:
I had a similar problem but more related to having to grab and pull an LED forward enough to replace an LED that should have been a warm white color to light the galley in the rear wall of the hangar bay. I had installed a cool white LED in error. Also, somehow the wires had gotten jammed into the bottom of the tab slot by one of the the pylons.
Anyway, I had to reach thru from the front of the secondary hull towards the aft end in just before reaching the rear wall of the hangar bay, grab the wires, and pull them out far enough to reach the LED and snip it off before soldering in a new warm white LED. with my soldering Iron. What did I do? I bought a pair of long-handled forceps!
So you and I arrived at the same solution for a different problem it seems. I hope this works for you since what Urimomo describes should work if you can reach in far enough.

View attachment 88506
IMG_4434 by Steve J, on Flickr
Heh.

And while I am here, I managed to get the other nacelle off! My GF chipped away at the CA with my scriber knife while I CAREFULLY worked the nacelle forward/back and side to side. There is some slight damage, but its all paint damage so I can easily fix it.

But we did notice the red rectangle decal on the right nacelle is WAY outta alignment, so unless there is a way to fix that I will be using another replacement decal from the incoming set.

teletubbies-dance.gif

Forgot to post the pic. Will have to sand the CA pileup off the pylon(though the bit that aligned it properly with the other correctly aligned nacelle has to stay), and will need to touch up spots around pylon and nacelle.20211022_214514.jpg

I doubt this is possible, but does anyone know if I can salvage the misaligned decal on the right nacelle? I assume I have to just replace it, but if I can save it I'd like to. But its been set up for a week.

MicroSol'd on ?
If so , forget it .
If not , drop some water on it and keep it wet -- it might come up after a while .

MicroSol'd on ?
If so , forget it .
If not , drop some water on it and keep it wet -- it might come up after a while .
Yeah, sol and set both. I figured as much.

Oh well. At least I'll have a replacement coming.

In other news, the wires fit through the pylon and into the hull with zero trouble. I just need the foreceps to grab em.

Finally got the paint touched up and new decals on. The grey panels were still trouble but In managed to keep em from going ape.

Gonna let em dry till after the GF leaves tonight, then weather the nacelles and hopefully sealed before bed.20211024_133309.jpg

Latest posts

Back