The One I Have Been Waiting for

So I decided while I wait for the decals to arrive to finish the Enterprise and get the final wiring done, SIDE PROJECT!

I dug out my old and somewhat damaged Klingon BOP. Based on a crew of 12 from ST3 I think it scales out with the Enterprise. 20211016_215058.jpg

So we have here the BOP, an aluminum tube and some MDF. What am I gonna do with these?

Build a new display base!

And I wanna go through my spare parts and see if I can rebuild the disrupters and cloaking device.

lick-lips-lick.gif

Just glued up the MDF to make the baseplate.20211016_222301.jpg
You can see the outline I chose for the plate. Its taken from a deck piece from a vintage model ship kit given to me by a co worker to build for him, but its missing alot of parts, so he said to just keep it for parts.20211016_222304.jpg
And I took a part from said kit and made the rough of the cloaking device. Needs detailing and shaping to fit the busted off segments still on the kit.20211016_222323.jpg

Just cut tubing to size and filed the end. And also my mini vise's handle decided to come apart. Just ordered from Amazon the waay better style I had before moving here.20211016_223746.jpg

LOL , well I know you're not cranking down on aluminum tube .
How did the handle break ?

LOL , well I know you're not cranking down on aluminum tube .
How did the handle break ?
Heh, this shows how cheap it is... instead of proper handle ends they slapped rubber caps on the handle ends and called it a day. One split when I was turning the handle and the other popped off and we can't find it.

in the interim , just wrap a strip of tape around each end to keep the rod in there .

Just an FYI... put the K'tinga kit, its lighting kit and photoetch on my wishlist at Amazon. Hopefully maybe next pay or the pay after I will get em.

So side project time again. After letting the MDF set up till this morning, Istarted roughing out the base piece. I had to stop as we went to a buddy's. But now that I am back I finished it, using my mini hacksaw and large exacto.20211017_204310.jpg

I am tired and have to go to bed soon anyhow so dunno if I will do more tonight.

Well, I just found out I have a REAL problem now... I was tinkering with trying to figure out how to fish the power wire for the Bussard down the pylon and into the secondary hull, and realized there is a half wall of plastic blocking the way. And I have already glued the nacelles on. I have no clue how the heck I am gonna get the wire down into the pylon now.

Its the socket the pylon fits into. There is a hole in the pylon that if I could fish the wires into I could get them going, but with the socket forming rhat half wall I have extremely little room to maneuver.20211019_173921.jpg

You can get extended length bits of course .
I'd drill a 3/16 or at least 1/8 inch hole straight thru that bulkhead and into the pylon volume .

The hole seems big enough but the wires don't wanna bend to go down into the pylon. I have some string coming tomorrow, maybe I can foligure out a way to use it to thread the wire. I may need a small weight to get it to go into the pylon.

why I suggested a larger hole further down on that bulkhead .
You have any thin plastic rod that will bend as you push it thru the hole ? ( make a slight bend in the end first ) then you can attach the wire and pull it thru .
Or something else that would suffice as a fish-rod ? Like a long enough zip-tie ( with the ratchet end removed ) or something that will bend but rigid enough you can push it along .

Latest posts

Back