The Italian's are coming!

ModelFreak72

Hey guys! Just got through with a trio of Italian aircraft. I sprayed all three with lifecolor paint, I used Tamiya enamels for the panel lines and a home made mix of grimy black and rust for the exhaust. Got lots of pics! Thanks for looking!

[attachment deleted by admin]

good looking set of planes there modelfreak .did you use a wash on them i can see what you mean about the panel lines standing out.
thanks for the tip

Great looking builds Pete :) i'd like to do some Italian aircraft ,just to have a go at one of the crazy camo's :)

Chris.

Thanks guys!

Sticky I used a tamiya black enamel wash on the folgore and the veltro, and used flory model dark dirt on the CR folgore.

Great job on those Italian fighters! I've always liked their mottled, cloud, smoke
pattern camo. Congrats! Bill

:)
Unuasual subjects,

warm colors,

very well executed camo schemes...

Beautiful results...

Prego ! signorina ! Io voglio Martini Rosso ! ;D ;)
Congrats, ModelFreak
RG

Thanks Bill!

Thanks Jelly!

Hey Chris, not to add more to the plate but, I'd like to see you do one. If you want a really crazy camo, special hobby has a fiat G55 with a three tone splinter scheme.

I just had a look at that ;D ;D ....What is Special Hobbies kits like ?? never built one .

Chris.

Hey Chris, I still haven't built mine yet but the kit comes pretty well detailed! They give you a nice sprue of PE,if you don't mind that it's not painted and the instruments are film. The panel lines are crisp and the test fit of the fuselage has a clean fit. The only little hicup I found was that the throttle box dosen't have any indication of where to put the handles. I have the Sottoserie 0 and it gives you three camo schemes, two call for the green over grey-blue, one is Regia Aeronautica and the other is ANR. The third is a spliter scheme which is green,maroon, and camo yellow over grey-blue. It's ANR also, but I went on Stormo magazine's website and found a picture of one that looked like it had Regia Aeronautica markings on it. Thats what I'm going to do. So are we going to see you build one? :D

Pete

Thanks for that Pete .......Its a distinct possibility ;)

Chris.

Latest posts

Back