Tamiya 1/32 Mitsubishi A6M2B Zero Fighter Model 21 ZEKE

Hello once again!!! :D

So the model is coming along faster now that the basics of assembly are pretty much out of the way.

Several points about the model that I've hated so far... one the retracts work, but don't go up all the way. The retractable flaps suck like crap because just the way tamiya attempted to build the flaps are just totally awkward to me. Another issue I had was paint. When I was painting the model I first painted it red in the spots for the meatballs and several small details, but when I would go over the excess red with the main color, certain areas began to crack on the layer of paint and I would have to go back and wet sand those areas in order for it to have a smooth surface. since this model will be shipped off to it's new owner in Denmark soon and I won't ever see this beautiful model ever again, I decided to just paint the stripes and meatballs. Lets be honest though...yes it's easier to use the decals, but by painting the insignias and stripes, you won't ever have to worry about it coming off and you can still see all the beautiful panel line details if you paint the insignias.

So here is the model so far and it's new paint job!!! now were just about ready to give it some future floor wax coatings for decals :)

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

Well today is the day that I didn't expect would get here so fast....I finished the model and now it is on it's way to Denmark :) Here are some final photos of the completed model sitting outside on the electric runway at my local remote controlled field.

Snapshot212-24-201210-32AM_zpse6988b65.png

Snapshot112-24-201210-31AM_zps5d604a55.png

IMG_0088_zps5e19c66e.jpg
My favorite photo out of all...my remote controlled zero (left) sitting with the finished replica (right) on the electric runway :)

I will have a video on my youtube page in the next few days.

Matt :)

thats the pw-rc b-17. great flying airplane. i own one along with 3 bigger b-17s....... im digging the zero. i owned the same rc one the fms but lost it to a mid air.

Latest posts

Back